Ed Braaten (Thomison) Flying W Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #31
royalkreationz
they haven't served the papers yet

I had filed it in texas and then they called me back, gave me my money back, and told me i had to file it where the defendant lived. I am waiting now they said about 12 weeks from the time papers are served.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #32
John E Dove
First let me apologize for asking my previous question. I just read your feelings regarding people not directly scammed by the defendant commenting on the case at hand.
Since I have not been scammed by Ed Braaten I’ll withhold comment about his dealings and wish you good luck in the Kansas Courts. I hope that they do not allow your threatening phone calls and personal appearance to be introduced into the issue.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #33
royalkreationz
Here is the deal

I don't see anything wrong with showing up at his house. I was nothing but polite while I was there. He was scared of me because he knew he wronged me and knew what he deserved.

As far as what I said about others commenting, I guess I didn't make myself clear. I don't think the person who was not involved in the deal should have started the thread. But you are a bad and I can tell that.

If you want to be a smart find someone else. I think you can tell by the way I handle business that I don't cut for no bull .

Old 11-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #34
dsirkle
Jody- I don't mean this in offensive way but in these days many States have Castle Doctrine laws.When you make a couple of threatening phone calls to someone and then show up at his house you have pretty much dotted his i's and crossed all his t's for him.Things probably won't go so well for you if you keep trying to handle things in the manner of Woodrow Call. I believe that you have been wronged by this man and that you find this to be unacceptable. I only suggest that it will work out better for you to try to exercise a little more restraint including with the people posting on this thread. If you convince everyone that you are a hothead you are not likely to gain empathy from from either the court or from people reading this thread.For what it's worth, that's how I see it.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #35
royalkreationz
This is how I see it.

The calls were not very harsh because the officer did not think they were bad enough to file charges. I am not a hot head. I Have not called Ed with a "threatening" call since back when I did it the first time. I have called and left messages offering to pay for the shipping of the animal back to me so that he can ge the deal square. Other than that I have not called him for any reason and I haven't even done that in over a month. I don't think that phone calls are pertinent to the facts of the transaction, but were simply what the result of him playing dirty is.

I can say this, I didn't ask anyone to come on here with a smart comment. I don't know where you come from or how you were raised, but I was raised that if someone screws you over to comfront them face to face. That is what I did to Ed before I ever posted anything here. I was very nice to him at his residence and even spent some time talking to his mother in law and we had no problems what so ever.

I can tell you this, the internet is very anonymous and anything can be said here about anybody with virtually no consequences. But, as far as I am concerned, if the situation gets serious enough that there is no road long enough to prevent a face to face meeting and a chance to take care of the problem like men. I proved, before I ever said anything, how I counduct business. I also proved that if I say I am going to do something, I do it and you can take that to the bank. I am a very honest person and the nicest person you will ever meet if you are the same way to me. But, cross me and you have the worst enemy that you can find. I am sorry if anyone doesn't like that, but that's how it goes and I don't feel bad about it.

I am not here to make enemies, but I am allowed to state my opinions like everyone else. I did that in the other forum and was not sarcastic, argumentative, or anything else that would lead someone to come here and post like that on this thread.

I will let you know how the court case proceeds. It seems very likely that it will be in Feb before I get to take him to court.

Thank you,
Jody Barnes

Old 11-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #36
ozarkflyer1974
response

Hey guys, i finally am able to respond. Its a long story, but I had to make sure i had all my ducks in order. I uploaded 3 messages where he threatened my life, and have about 25 other messages saved...sorry the quality sucks, but a judge saw that it was enough for a restraining order.

I heard from his in-laws that he has a ton of problems. Bi-polar, schitzo. all of the above, he said he was going to sue them over his sons death. I am so sorry about that misfortune. he threatened the life of my wife and kids several times, but i thought it was just "a crazy snake guy", but he has real problems. I wont get into a pissing match with him...If he wants the courts to handle it, i am game. I will post the out come for all to see. Although i cant find where he filed anything in Texas or in Kansas, i will be here to get served. I am just a simple guy with a Hobby. I know there are always 2 sides to every story and i shouldnt have laid low for so long, but i value the life of my wife and kids (all six of them) over my snakes any day of the week. Its not worth the $4k i have lost over the last year in expenses.

I dont think that the music file uploaded...I am on dial up and its 24 MB. can someone tell me how to shrink it. Its a .wav File.
Here is a few things he said verbatum.

in a really weird voice, almost possesed..."Ed, Ed you better call me, HA HA HA. Things could get really bad for your life...I am having crazy thoughts here...I am going to lasso you up haus, get ready cowboy."

And he wonders why i was so nice to him when he showed up. He said the snakes I gave him wouldnt eat. I cant control that, but The Sheriff would have taken him to jail if he would have come back. Anyway, It was just a bad deal for me and no snake is worth the threats on my family.

Ed
rthomison1@earthlink.net

Thanks for all your time.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 AM   #37
Suncoast Herpetological
Ed

I notice you conveniently avoided any mention of the $700. Care to comment on that?

Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #38
rick c
I agree, was there a money order? Was there supposed to be a money order, but forgotten? We all know Jody said some things he wishes he could take back, well he can't!! That still doesn't mean if an agreement was made, you should not hold up your end of that agreement. There are a lot of missing pieces in this deal, are there any emails? Something besides he said she said..

Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #39
Suncoast Herpetological
Still no answer to the question of the $700. Methinks I hear Mr. Braaten tapdancing his way around a lie.

While I agree that Jodies behaviour was way out of line (the phonecalls) theft is theft, plain and simple.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #40
dsirkle
That Mr Braaten would bother to post here and yet only offer the information that he did is a rather telling circumstance to me. I think that he would like to just put a little spin on the situation while avoiding any facts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!