Carolina Reptile Exchange, selling Pieds - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2003, 09:23 PM   #11
M n R-Reptile
Warning!

Very interesting......
they contacted me and bought 10 or 15 baby feeder ball pythons last year. I got to talking with them and they said they had albino labyrinths, albino greens, albino retics due to hatch any day.
They gave me some prices and I said Ill take alot of it since the prices were so good.
Then I met them at a north or south carolina show and he bought 10 or 20 female yearling balls from me. I asked him about the retics and stuff and he said they should be hatching but hed have to ask his father.
I called, and called, and called, gettingthe same excuse of that they hatched but he doesnt know what he has since his dad was flying around in a chrater plane since he pilots them.
I was very serious and flahing money around but then they wouldnt return calls or email me back.
I thought it was all a hoax as he had lined up about a few hundred different burm eggs, retic eggs, albino boas, pieds, etc...
I never saw a single animal or was offered any and I was willing to pay him cash and reinforced it over and over.
I guess eh didnt want to sell to me or he never had the stuff.
I made some inquires and some people said he ripped them off, other said he is full of it...they jsut own a store, and others said he has SOME of teh stuff, not all, etc. so I decided to delete them from my one number dial list.
If Harry(or Bruce who I always TALKED TO) have what you said you had, please let me know as I am still willing to take allot of it but now only on COD.
MikeB
M n R-Reptiles
786-853-7065

Old 11-11-2003, 09:25 PM   #12
M n R-Reptile
Sorry for all the grammar errors, was typing to fast for my own good.
MikeB

Old 11-11-2003, 11:18 PM   #13
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Very interesting......
they contacted me and bought 10 or 15 baby feeder ball pythons last year.
Mike,

Do you happen to remember if they were all females? Was the sex of the lot an issue at all?

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2003, 03:59 PM   #14
M n R-Reptile
The ball python babies if I recall were all supposed to be in pairs. I think it was 5.5
The bigger snakes he picked up at a show were all females.
They were probably 200-400grams each, the eyar befores babies.

Old 11-12-2003, 05:58 PM   #15
The BoidSmith
I'm really surprised that they are offering for sale 18 ball pythons (heteros and possibles for pied), all of them females (!!??). Where are the males? Maybe they sold all of them or maybe they just got lucky and produced all females. Everything is possible, although the normal ratio should be close to 50%, right? Most other breeders are hesitant to sell lone females (which are more expensive by the way), and they usually want to sell them together with a male.

Regards.

Old 11-12-2003, 09:38 PM   #16
Adam Block
Well, I will say I called and asked about 1.3 het pieds they had. I asked for a price on all 4 and was told $3,000! If I would have been told $5,000 I might have given it some thought but at $3,000 it was just tooooo good to be true. Greed will get you each and every time so as I said I went with somebody else.

I will say that when I asked if they all had the visual white on the belly I was told they all did but I didn't see them to back this up.

Fact is, we have no reason to doubt the animals are what they're selling them as but I would for sure proceed with caution!

Old 11-12-2003, 10:19 PM   #17
HerpVenue
Quote:
It looked as though he had a receipt from a year when he was Digital Reptiles, but the receipt had his new name HCE on it, or something like that. It all just looked "suspect" at best.
Not only that...the Receipt showed the people who "supposedly" gave it out did not know how to spell their own name.

Also In Last part of May or early part of June......
He was supposed to have some piebalds hatch out.

NO ONE has seen pics.

The only pics seen are his adult and the baby he bought from someone else.

Old 11-13-2003, 12:21 AM   #18
craig kade
Just to keep everyone updated, I have one of those female "het pieds" from earlier this year that is about 920 grams. I am hoping to try her out with a male het later this year( or early next). I will keep you posted. I was also interested to see that now all his hets have the markings. When I asked him about this earlier this year he said he had never heard of that. My three did not. Now that I find out HCE is convienently getting rid of most of his stock, I am not very optimistic. Craig Kade

Old 11-13-2003, 12:27 AM   #19
The BoidSmith
Hi Craig,

Good to hear you are close to prove her out. Please keep us posted.

Good luck

Old 11-13-2003, 01:38 PM   #20
M n R-Reptile
Craig,
I hope that female you bought isn't one of the ones I sold them! Because if it is, it is 100% captive hatched started NORMAL female when I sold it to him. Het for nothing. I hope you good luck though and may you get some pieds!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann