Proceed With Caution Dealing With lauriefl5 (AKA: Matt Goldman Reptiles or MGR) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-06-2004, 12:32 AM   #1
LizardsofOz
Proceed With Caution Dealing With lauriefl5 (AKA: Matt Goldman Reptiles or MGR)

I just wanted to make people aware of some curious activity from a seller that goes by the name lauriefl5 (AKA: Matt Goldman Reptiles or MGR for short). I was negotiating a deal with him to buy a male clown Ball Python in the spring of 2005, so I called him and spoke to him and he sounded like he knew his stuff and had an incredible Ball Python collection. After our phone conversation I decided I'd like to see a photo of the female that would be producing my male, so I e-mailed him and requested a picture of her. He sends me a picture straight off of Ralph Davis's web site. When I questioned him he said "no ralfs line is much darker then mine as you can see...my line is a much brighter yellow then his line" I guess not realizing he had sent me not just a picture of the same snake, but the exact same picture. I was a little suspicious, so I asked Ralph about this and he informed me this snake belonged to Dave and Tracy at VPI. I was surprised to here this so I asked him if he got her from VPI and he informed me "yea tracy loans alot of there snakes out for breeding loans". So I call Tracy and she informed me that not only does he not have her snake on breeding loan, but she's never even heard of the guy. Now I am not trying to crucify this person, but I just thought people should be aware of the less then honest information he was feeding me about his snakes considering the high dollar specimens he's been offering for sale lately. If someone has good experiences to share about this seller that could put my suspicions to rest I would love to hear them, but for now I would proceed with caution before dealing with this seller.
Matt Ozsvath
Lizards of Oz

Old 12-06-2004, 02:28 AM   #2
Madd Season Morphs
Warning! lauriefl5

Im doing a deal with dude now!

im getting a bit impatient!

Ill report BACK TUESDAY...THATS WHEN I ''EXPECT ''my snake...

Old 12-06-2004, 05:20 AM   #3
Madd Season Morphs
Talking woops

i forgot my name above again sorry!

ISAAC FIELDS

Old 12-06-2004, 10:20 AM   #4
Madd Season Morphs
laurifl5

I can say this, with me being so impatient...DUDE has at least maintained e-mail conat,and or private messages....

He stated that he was sorry for such a long wait..and that he was gonna make it worth my while! SO we'll see!

Isaac Fields

Old 12-06-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
Madd Season Morphs
thanks

thanks for replying to my persistant nagging dude...you seem to be an ok dude...I only hope that what the WIZARD says isnt true!

REPLY PLEASE

Old 12-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #6
Madd Season Morphs
Not That I Doubt

NOT THAT I DOUBT YOU WIZARD!

Old 12-06-2004, 10:41 AM   #7
Madd Season Morphs
Woops Again

I Ment Lizard Of Oz

And I Forgot My Name Again Sorry

Isaac Fields

Old 12-08-2004, 12:46 PM   #8
Shakahn's Grove
Stop!

Quick, stop and make a complaint with Paypal about being scammed now before your 30 days is up.

I inquired about a 1.1 het Lavendar Albino pair he had posted for sale. He sent me a photograph directly from NERD's website making claims of Lavendar x Spider het Lavendar breedings. I asked for photos of actual copulations, he said he didn't have any. I proceeded to ask him if NERD always let him host photographs on his website and called up NERD simutaniously.

He's completely *not* together. When contacted NERD was furious with this act of photograph stealing and fraudulent claims. I would call up VPI and let them know that this guy is stealing there photos for false claims of sale.

This guy is bad news with a capital S(cammer).

Hope it's not too late to get your money back.

Old 12-08-2004, 02:29 PM   #9
craig kade
I was looking at his ads, and thought something just did not feel right. I too would be VERY careful. If you are buying actual homo animals, it would probably be alright, but I would not get hets from this guy. Craig

Old 12-08-2004, 05:13 PM   #10
NewEnglandReptile
Just a note...

NERD has NEVER been associated with a Matt Goldman of any sort. He does not have permission to use NERD photographs, we do not have any of his animals in any sort of partnership, and anything that he says to the contrary is a bold-faced LIE.

Please be very careful when dealing with this character. He's stolen several photos from our website & spun a huge web of BS concerning them.

If you need verification, please call us at 603.382.6361

Kevin McCurley, Kara Glasgow & the rest of the NERD gang.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!