Grossboy Exotics bad bussiness - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
FntomMnace
Grossboy Exotics bad bussiness

I have been buying my rodents from Brad and Robin for almost 4 years. I used to drive about 45 minutes when they were at the show in Streamwood, IL. I followed them to the new show in Wheaton. That trip used to take over an hour....yes used to take. I would spend at least $100.00 a month on rodents with them. I found out (in the parking lot, may I add) at the show last Sunday that they have decided to stop selling in IL. NO notice, nothing. Not even a "thank you for all of your business". I think that just a wee bit cruddy. I've never had any problems with them or their animals. The only issue in almost 4 years was the new employee they had working for them this year at the Wheaton show; he was just a !
I just think that's a really bad move on their part and just makes them look bad.
Does anyone know of any rodent dealers in IL?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
brodie691
Seriously don't think this even deserves a post on the BOI...
I can understand thanking someone for doing business with you over time, but heck do you want them to bend over backwards or do cartwheels for you? why would it be considered "bad business" for them to stop selling rodents? everyone needs a backup plan, why not try looking around, or if you have reptiles that will take F/T buying those to suit your problem at hand. i would think it very underhanded to do business with someone, then make a different decision for my own life and have them come here and badmouth me for no apparent reason such it seems you have done to this couple.
there is a place here that i was going and spending $100 a week or more sometimes on live feeders for my BP collection when i had them, and i didn't expect them to breakdance everytime i walked into their business. They appreciated it and that i could tell, but heck this is a service they are performing for me the customer so i was greatful. Sounds like the only bad business done here is on your part for coming on here to complain about such pettyness.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
shrap
That makes them a bad business?

I consider you a bad customer and someone to not do business with for coming here and making a thread like this.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by FntomMnace
I have been buying my rodents from Brad and Robin for almost 4 years. I used to drive about 45 minutes when they were at the show in Streamwood, IL. I followed them to the new show in Wheaton. That trip used to take over an hour....yes used to take. I would spend at least $100.00 a month on rodents with them. I found out (in the parking lot, may I add) at the show last Sunday that they have decided to stop selling in IL. NO notice, nothing. Not even a "thank you for all of your business". I think that just a wee bit cruddy. I've never had any problems with them or their animals. The only issue in almost 4 years was the new employee they had working for them this year at the Wheaton show; he was just a !
I just think that's a really bad move on their part and just makes them look bad.
Ridiculous.

By the way this is your post under a different name.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...64&postcount=7

Which is it? Frank or Mark?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Griz
Pathetic.....

Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
norsmis
I vend at the Wheaton show and although I have never bought feeders from them, I have talked to them numerous times. I have never heard anyone complain about their business practices or quality of their product.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
Nagini
I agree. It is not bad business to have life changes, it happens to everyone. Its a bad customer to spread unnessisary bad guy threads because someone cant sell to them anymore.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
Casey Hulse
Quote:
I would spend at least $100.00 a month on rodents with them. I found out (in the parking lot, may I add) at the show last Sunday that they have decided to stop selling in IL. NO notice, nothing. Not even a "thank you for all of your business".
This is a joke, right?

Circumstances change for all of us, maybe they are too busy for all of the travel? There may be several reasons why they are not "selling in IL".

Perhaps you should thank them for 4 years of quality rodents,
then get online and find one of the dozen rodent suppliers who will ship to you?

By the way, Grossboy Exotics are good people.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #9
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FntomMnace
Did you ever bother to ask why they stopped going to those shows? Maybe your $100 a month wasn't enough to cover expenses to keep going to these shows.

If you'd be so kind to remove your head from the dark, stinky orifice that it must be in to think this thread was remotely worth the time , could you tell me how they are a bad business.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #10
PaulSage
I've known Brad and Robin for at least five years. I've bought a variety of things from them, and even had the pleasure of visiting their facility when I still lived in Wisconsin. They're good, honest, hard-working people in my opinion.

I find it rather reprehensible that a thread has been set in stone here titled in a way that implies they have bad business practices simply because a former customer feels slighted by a business decision Brad and Robin had to make. I'm sure said decision was not easy for them, and that they have good reason for making such a decision.

They are NOT a bad business as far as I'm concerned.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!