Jeff Houston Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-02-2002, 08:26 PM   #1
NEWReptiles
Jeff Houston Inquiry

Any info on past dealings with him would be helpful, I am the potential buyer.

Thanks, Al

Old 12-03-2002, 08:04 PM   #2
Shiprapid
RE: Jeff Houston inquiry

I would recommend Jeff very highly. Ive bought reptiles from him before, and it was a class A experience from start to finish. He always took time to answer my beginner questions regardless of how stupid they probably were. The reptile ( an Argentine Tegu) arrived on time, in great health, and is a wonderful specimen of the species, far superior in most respects to other reptiles from other breeders' clutches of the same age.

Bill Neuman

Old 12-03-2002, 08:19 PM   #3
craig kade
Thumbs up

I purchased a trio of blue tegus from Jeff in October and I have been very satisfied with him. This is my first attempt trying to breed them and he has helped me a great deal. the animals were very healthy. I would buy from Jeff again in a minute, he is one of the good guys in this business. just give him a call if you haven't already, you will see. Good luck. Craig A. Kade

Old 12-03-2002, 10:57 PM   #4
ChadOsborne
Good Guy

No doubt about it. He's the old kind of herper. Help a guy out just for the heck of it.

Old 12-04-2002, 12:00 AM   #5
HerpVenue
No offense here. (I have been holding off on posting)
BUT
I am hoping I am wrong.
Maybe it is all a big coincidence.

Bill Neuman and Craig Kade.

Either Jeff called you both at the same time and told you to post here.
OR
You are possibly the same person.

You both Registered on 12/3/02
You both replied within 15 minutes of each other
You both only posted in this thread.

That is a lot of coincidences...
And I am hoping that is all they are.

p.s. there is nothing wrong with him calling custoers and telling them to post. But we shall see

Old 12-04-2002, 01:40 AM   #6
WebSlave
Ritchie,

I guess anything is possible. These two have different IP addresses, but here's an interesting timeline:

Shiprapid registered with this system at 19:58.
Shiprapid posted a message in this thread at 20:04.
craig kade registered with this system at 20:12.
craig kade posted a message in this thread at 20:19.

Coincidences can happen, and it sure would have been some trouble for one person to go through everything necessary to change ISPs to log in on a different IP address, set up unique email addresses to match their logon names here in order to be able to get the registration verification email, etc.

Whew!! Man, way too much work just to post some bogus good guy posts, if you ask me. Anyone good enough to be able to do all that as quickly as it had to have been done would be smart enough to cover their tracks better.

I call it just a coincidence.

Old 12-04-2002, 07:10 AM   #7
HerpVenue
cool..
sounds good.

Sorry bout that Jeff ......

Hey webslave.
Actually if you have access to cable and dial up all those things would not be too hard.

Old 12-04-2002, 11:39 AM   #8
gila7150
I've never purchased from Jeff Houston but he is a regular on the Kingsnake.com tegu forum and seems like a really nice guy. He helped me a while back with some tegu related husbandry questions and emailed me photos of his caging even though I hadn't purchased my tegus from him. He seems to really know his stuff when it comes to tegus.

By the way, Shiprapid is also a regular on the tegu forum and probably has done business with Jeff. I'm not familiar with the other person who posted.

Good luck,
Chris

Old 12-04-2002, 12:38 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Actually if you have access to cable and dial up all those things would not be too hard.
Ritchie, you are correct, except that one ISP is located in Washington state, and the other in Illinois. I used NeoTrace and TraceRoute on the IP addresses. Sure, someone can call a remote dialup ISP long distance, but what would be the point? The results wouldn't justify the effort. Not for someone whom is not an obvious bad guy.

Old 12-04-2002, 01:20 PM   #10
HerpMasters Inc.
Well I can guarantee that I have not talked to Jeff nor am I posting this for his behalf. You cannot go wrong with the animals you receive from Jeff. He is a class guy, will answer any questions you have and he represents his animals well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!