Jeff Houston Inquiry - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2002, 02:14 PM   #11
Uffern
I also have had a good experience with Jeff. I basically asked him to sum up Col. tegu husbandry for me, and he sent me a long, informed email detailing how to care for one. At no time during this was there any plan or indication that I would purchase anything. He simply took his time to inform me when there was no benefit to him. (other than the fact that he asked me to register here only to wait until an inquiry came up on him so I could post. J/K.) Jeff seems to be a good guy. If he still bred tegus, I would do business with.

Old 12-04-2002, 02:44 PM   #12
HerpVenue
Anyway like I said....
My apologies jeff.
I was not insinuating you too be the bad guy.
I was just trying to point out the coincidence.
and quite frankly I am SO glad it is just a coincidence.
these boards take a lot of energy out of a person.

Good luck and happy herping

Old 12-04-2002, 03:39 PM   #13
WebSlave
Exclamation

I have been pondering the wisdom of deleting the posts made by Ritchie and my responses. Initial reaction was to just delete them, but I thought I would think about it a bit more.

My thoughts on this are that perhaps they are better left here. Ritchie spends a lot of time patrolling the waters here, and although he is human and can make mistakes, no one reading this thread could avoid figuring out that he is like a shark just underneath the surface of the water. If this had NOT been a coincidence, he would have been all over it and ripped it to shreds.

Perhaps this is a good thing for people to know whom actually might try to pull a stunt like this.

And I am happy that Ritchie is here. And I am quite willing to accept the mistakes he may make on occasion. The tradeoff is that I am pretty damned certain that all the shots on target will greatly outweigh and pay for many times over those that he might flub here or there.

Take a look at my Location tag: "Looking over your shoulder." I would like everyone to assume that Ritchie Luna is looking over their other shoulder as well when they type something onto the BOI.

Thanks.

BTW, I would rather not have this become a discussion in this thread. If somone has more to add, please start another thread about it or email me privately.

Old 12-04-2002, 04:49 PM   #14
davel
jeff houston customer experience

i am a member of kingsnake and am new to this board.
and yes, as I contacted jeff to ask him yet another question, he told me that there was an inquiry on him.

i am only posting for a few reasons. i purchesed 5 tegus from him a year ago and before and after the purchase and still now he continues to answer all my questions.

if i added it all up, it probably amounts to about 10 full pages of email and about 6 hours on his home and work phone.

i am very particular about who I do business with.

hope this helps

Dave Lee

ps what are you trying to buy anyway

Old 12-04-2002, 04:53 PM   #15
Wormman
I have also had dealings with Jeff and I can tell you that he is a good guy. Thanks for listening.
Ken Chiarella
Wormman.com

Old 12-04-2002, 10:21 PM   #16
craig kade
hello, I did not mean to get anyone in an uproar I apologize if I did. I am real and yes Jeff did contact me but I dont see a problem with that. I realy did purchase animals from him, and I am realy happy with them and him. As for IP tracking and all that I do not know much about that. I am actually in mid Michigan and anyone in the area is more than welcome to stop by and see Jeff's animals. I did reregister because for some reason I could not remember my correct user name or password. I have posted here before but it has been a while. I just worry every time I post someone is going to have something negative to say and I dont need that. I did not figure anything negative could come of posting a positive message about what seems to be a great guy.If anyone would like to email me at craigkade@chartermi.net I would be happy to send them some pics of the animals. sorry this is so long but at least now someone has alot of material to look through and find spelling misteaks. Craig A. Kade

Old 12-04-2002, 11:53 PM   #17
Paul Edwards
Hi,
I have known Jeff for quite a while now. I was on the Tegu forum & was just about to buy something from a certain individual when he pretty much saved my skin, and money !!! He has been a good friend ever since. Knowing Jeff as I do, I can assure you that he has given people far better deals & far better service than he's gotten !!!
Good guy, not stupid enough to try something shakey. I have never heard a bad word about him. You'll be happy doing business with him.
Paul Edwards

Old 12-05-2003, 04:06 AM   #18
ASFReptiles
Jeff Houston- Great Customer

Jeff was easy to deal with. He was one of our first customers for Pastels. But he was a repeat customer. Confused, don't be. He bought Het Albino Tegus' from my Partner Bill years ago.
He spoke to my partner in first phone conversation and deal was made right then and there. Within days he added to original order and sent money when he said he would without delay.

He has some high quality animals and he will be known though out the reptile world soon if he choses.

Thanks Jeff
GOD Bless
Andre/Bill
ASFReptiles

Old 12-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #19
HerpVenue
Hey Craig,
that was a long time ago...I think.
I was just asking a question really. Back then I had no access to peoples IP.
And I just pointed out a fact.
Like I said in my post. There is nothing wrong with him contacting you.

I apologized to him. He still took it all the wrong way.
But I made a mistake by calling it out publicly.
Anyway it wont happen again.....because I can check IP myself.

Anyway I should also apologize to you for insinuating anything.
It is an obvious and honest mistake.

And if any of you lose any kind of sales over the obvious misunderstanding......
Well you probably do not need them anyway.

Ever since the encounter....
I have heard nothing but good things about Jeff Houston.

Old 12-05-2003, 02:25 PM   #20
craig kade
Thanks Ritchie, you did notice my reply was a year old also? I have LONG since forgotten about it. At the time I did have a very low opinion of you, that has changed a lot over the last year, no hard feelings. I know you were looking out for the common good. Craig Kade

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!