Hay's Haven - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2003, 04:09 PM   #121
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Well still waiting for my refund. I guess this proves my point Jason Hays is a crook..
Not to everyone, although perhaps it suffices as proof to those with a significant bias in the situation, such as yourself.

Gary, your story changed eighteen times, your facts were all over the place, you failed to provide the requested and agreed upon evidence of the problem and you brought it to light well after what could be considered a reasonable period of time and certainly outside of the guarantee period offered by Hay's Haven.

Having read this thread, seen your conduct and your inability to set forth a simple and straightforward account of the incident and the "proof" you have offered... I personally would not issue a refund in this situation either. Just as the seller has a responsibility if they make a mistake or are somehow at fault, the buyer has a responsibility in how they deal with the situation as well, a responsibility you failed to meet.

You have not proven to my personal satisfaction that Hay's Haven is a bad guy at all, much less an outright crook and your continued insistance that this is the case with no further evidence just makes *you* look bad, like the kind of customer people are better off avoiding.

If someone were to sell you something, how do they know you won't get it infected and start making demands after the guarantee they offered is up, offer scanty and questionable information as proof and generally abuse the english language while ranting about what a nasty person they are because you didn't get your way?

Old 07-03-2003, 06:20 PM   #122
gwbolton
if the proof was not enough for Jason he had the vets phone number to call and ask any questions. he did not. any original he offered to replace the geckos without a vet letter. then tried to sell the replacement animals an got caught. As for buying from me people will tell you I pay promptly and work with both sellers and buyers fairly. I have a spotless record on ebay as gwbolton67. Any have a excellent record with paypal. If I had a illness in my stock how comes my animals now have no problems. I don't make promises I don't keep. I feel a persons word is their bond and Jason broke his with me several times. So I have not to fear. I only ask what is fairly mine back.

Gary Bolton

Old 07-06-2003, 12:09 AM   #123
gwbolton
another question

when is it right to send sick reptiles to a person and not refund that persons money? I got the geckos sept 3, 2002 told them to the vet the sameday. the letter proves they where sick already and one died that day. How is this my fault?

Gary Bolton

Old 07-06-2003, 06:10 AM   #124
Seamus Haley
Gary, first the geckos didn't go to the vet until some started dying.

Then they went the day you got them

Your vet has not issued an actual vet report, merely a letter on stationary from the clinic... and the letter is not exactly complete or particularly informative.

Your story about the timeline changed too many times to make your word credible, you have not proven that the geckos were sick when you obtained them initially and your own inability to put forth a concrete story has made it seem questionable that anything you said or will say on the issue is true.

I'm not taking sides, I'm merely explaining that, to an uninvolved observer, your constantly changing story damages your credibility to the point where few, if any, breeders/dealers would issue a refund.

Old 07-06-2003, 06:25 PM   #125
gwbolton
i talked jason about the geckos aug 28th. paid for them aug 30th. he shipped them sept 2nd. i got them sept 3rd. noticed that they where acting strangely, so i took them to the vet that day. by the time i got them there the one was dead. the other 2 where in poor shape. vet gave me meds and a treatment plan. their legs where so weak they couldn't move without help. not long after i found the other two dead. I called Jason on sept 3rd. informed him of what the vet said. all he said was I have more eggs that will hatch soon and will send you a replacement. If he would have asked for a vet report or anything else at the time. i would have given it to him. the mistake i made was trusting him. that is why now i am more careful who i buy from. and i take pictures of ever animal i buy on arrival. I doubt he'll ever refund my money, i just don't want this to happen to someone else.
those albinos where going to start a new colony for me and I was looking forward to it. If fact this is more then just the money i lost but a trust factor. Now i see why people want you to ship first when trading reptiles, it is because of people like this.

gary bolton

Old 07-07-2003, 12:54 PM   #126
sputnik
Quote:
You have not proven to my personal satisfaction that Hay's Haven is a bad guy at all, much less an outright crook and your continued insistance that this is the case with no further evidence just makes *you* look bad, like the kind of customer people are better off avoiding.
This I agree with. Also the continued ranting about someone that they are a crook is really getting...old!

Story changes and lack of proof just don't make Jason look bad, in effect, your story changes etc have done nothing but convince me that you are a customer to be avoided.

Jason is not going to reply to this post. That should be obvious by now. I guess he doesn't want to waste his time. You continue to post repeatedly, in the process you just lose credability with every post that rants on about Jason being a BAD GUY and further cementing in my mind that you are to be avoided as a customer.

Old 07-07-2003, 03:11 PM   #127
gwbolton
that seems to be the case. Jason refuses to refund my money. So this leaves me with no choice but to take legal action. I hate to use this means, but i feel i have no choice.

Gary Bolton

Old 07-07-2003, 04:47 PM   #128
sputnik
Legal action?

These are Jason's TOS!

==============================================
All animals are guaranteed live arrival, as long as there is someone at home at the time of delivery. If you are not going to be at home, please have me ship to your work, or on another day, when you'll be at home.

I also guarantee the health of all animals, as long as you contact me as soon as you notice a problem. All animals should eat within 24 hours of arriving at your home. Most will eat and drink right out of the box.

All animals are guaranteed healthy and eating well.

In the case of a DOA, I will refund any money paid minus shipping. Or if possible, replace the animal with another of the same or better quality. In the case of a replacement animal, the buyer must pay for shipping on the second animal. Also, I must be contacted within 24 hours of delivery, if there is an unfortunate loss due to delayed or extreme weather shipping. Proof must be provided of the DOA. Including, but not limited to: photographs, receipts, and shipping the animal back to me.

============================================

There were NO dean on arrival animals so no refund there.

Quote:
He also stated that he had bought some baby fattails from another breeder before he got mine and they had died right after mine arrived. Keep in mind that at this time the ones he had bought from me were still alive
With this, I would not hold my breath too long on a good legal result, not with the ever changing story either. Legal action over $150 is a little on the rediculous side of things.

The cost of legal action might in the end, possible court costs, exceed the price of the animals.

However, GOOD LUCK... your going to need it!

Old 07-07-2003, 11:34 PM   #129
gwbolton
the legal action i am taking is to file a complaint with his states atty. general. it is called a consumer complaint. from what my states atty generals office told me. no cost to me.

gary bolton

Old 07-07-2003, 11:36 PM   #130
gwbolton
oh an he did promise heathly geckos the ones he sent me where ill on arrival. and if i am correct that does make it right for me to ask for a refund.

gary bolton

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!