Crested Gecko Egg question? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
mialma09
Crested Gecko Egg question?

So my wife and I found our first egg laid by or older female last week. It was her first time laying so she only laid one and now she looks all back to normal size and all and is chasing crickets around the cage. But I have done a lot of research and asked a bunch of questions but I just thought of one other if someone with a little experience would'nt mind to answere. I marked the egg with a pen and got a round container with holes for some ventilation and the egg is on just straight vermiculite that I soaked and then squeezed out the excess water and I placed it in the top of my sock drawer, yes I know thats weird but its nice and warm in there and it always stays between 72 and 77 degrees all day and night and there. Do you need to keep like misting the vermiculite if it starts to dry after a while or just let it be? Its still moist now cause I did it last week but I wanted to know for later on.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
radera5
It should remain how it was when you started. If it's drying out alot you have to many ventilation holes. I prefer putting the eggs in a container with NO holes and just opening the container for 30 sec or so once a week.
If you notice that it's still moist in 2 weeks, you probably have it just right.
Short answer, yes. Keep it "moist" enough, not to dry and not wet. They don't need much moisture.

If you find that you need to add water, carefully remove the egg for a moment while you mix in more water until it is how it should be...then put the egg back.

Good luck

Old 04-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
mialma09
Awesome I appreciate the feedback. It has a few small holes around the rim and other than that I'll just keep and eye on it. Thanx a lot.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!