Info Eddie Markward - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:44 AM   #161
DavidBeard
I'm simply and utterly in shock that this has not been brought up ONCE in this entire thread....I see talks of a thermostat malfunction causing a heater to kill a bunch of snakes. This heater was used to heat an entire room (ambient heat) as opposed to heat tape (what most people use).

Does nobody see the MAJOR problem with this method of heating? How on earth can the snakes thermoregulate when the entire room is ONE temperature all the time? How on earth can so many people think this type of basic husbandry negligence is fine & dandy? I'm literally flabbergasted.

Also, Mr. Markward is a complete scumbag who shouldn't own a pet rock.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #162
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I'm simply and utterly in shock that this has not been brought up ONCE in this entire thread....I see talks of a thermostat malfunction causing a heater to kill a bunch of snakes. This heater was used to heat an entire room (ambient heat) as opposed to heat tape (what most people use).

Does nobody see the MAJOR problem with this method of heating? How on earth can the snakes thermoregulate when the entire room is ONE temperature all the time? How on earth can so many people think this type of basic husbandry negligence is fine & dandy? I'm literally flabbergasted.

Many reputable breeders use this method. It's basically like living in Africa for the ball pythons. Some people consider it safer than having a lot of different heat sources that can individually fail. Of course, using this method without having a backup thermostat is pretty irresponsible. The snakes suffer no ill effects from having a room at 85 degrees vs a temperature range of 80-90 degrees though.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #163
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
Many reputable breeders use this method. It's basically like living in Africa for the ball pythons. Some people consider it safer than having a lot of different heat sources that can individually fail. Of course, using this method without having a backup thermostat is pretty irresponsible. The snakes suffer no ill effects from having a room at 85 degrees vs a temperature range of 80-90 degrees though.
They may use it for their own selfish reasons (convenience) but that gives it zero merit. Africa does not stay ONE temperature at any point throughout a 24 hour cycle, nor does anywhere really.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #164
AbsoluteApril
This thread is not the place to discuss opinions regarding general keeping (room heating vs tub/cage heating). Please take it to the discussion forums.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #165
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post

You're just always looking for something to be upset about, aren't you?

Old 12-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #166
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
You're just always looking for something to be upset about, aren't you?
You're mistaking "upset" for confused, Mr. Schultz. Perhaps you were equally "upset" that I denied your friend request on FaceBook?

Old 12-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #167
AbsoluteApril
Warning: Take it to private messages if you two want to go back and forth. This thread is not the appropriate place.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #168
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
After more than a year, has Eddie made any restitution?
$1000 of the $2000 has been paid to date. We have seen no other efforts for payment nor have we seen any replacement animals he produced/produces as agreed upon. I am unsure if he even has any animals at this point anymore. Last I spoke with him, he was talking about giving his snakes to a friend to breed for him. No longer have communication with him as he has stopped responding to our messages and has removed us as friends on his facebook.

Wish there were better things to report.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:55 PM   #169
tlmoon
Sorry to hear that Charlene...I'm glad you got some of the money back but that in no way makes up for the whole unfortunate situation that you and your snakes experienced. Very frustrating that people don't make good on their obligations!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!