Info Eddie Markward - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #61
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post
Even if the OP did have mites when they arrived with Eddie, that was back in DECEMBER. That is 9+ months of failed treatment.
I understand that. I also understand that the little SOB's are pernicious and difficult to eradicate in large collections, especially if proper QT isn't observed.

From Sarah's last post it looks like Eddie admitted that he had mites before receiving the OP's snakes anyway so hers were not the source of the infestation in the combined collection.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #62
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I understand that. I also understand that the little SOB's are pernicious and difficult to eradicate in large collections, especially if proper QT isn't observed.

From Sarah's last post it looks like Eddie admitted that he had mites before receiving the OP's snakes anyway so hers were not the source of the infestation in the combined collection.
Yes - that screenshot definitely verifies that Eddie already had mites. What form of quarantine did he use with the new collection coming in? It sounds like they just went directly into the existing collection. I have had anywhere between 75-250 snakes (back when I bred boas), and have just over 120 now. My snakes are all treated in QT prior to coming to my main collection. There is no excuse for mites existing once they have been noticed. Is it a pain to treat an entire collection of that size? Hell yes it is!! That's why you have QT measures in place, and plans for treating mites. Unacceptable

Old 09-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #63
bobbafett
With the way most breeders are today, it seems that no one actually quarantines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #64
vikingroyalpythons
deplorable

My god those poor animals I'm sorry to see and hear what you are going through its horrible my grandfather told me a long time ago to never trust anyone with anything I have learned my lesson more than once that what he said is true I hope your animals get back to health soon and that you don't suffer anymore neither you nor the animals deserve the treatment that you and them have received

Old 09-21-2015, 08:28 AM   #65
leftycrane
I wonder where the heck the $200 a month went. It obviously didn't go to feeding any of those snakes, or supplying them with water, or fixing the broken thermostat. This is sickening. Eddie should be ashamed.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:59 AM   #66
Country Girl Herps
If hes using cypress bedding and not his paper towels, that shows me right there that hes nit trying his hardest to treat for mites! Its way harder when theres wood bedding!

Old 09-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #67
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Girl Herps View Post
If hes using cypress bedding and not his paper towels, that shows me right there that hes nit trying his hardest to treat for mites! Its way harder when theres wood bedding!
This was my thought as well. Why have snakes on bedding that is hard to see the pesky little critters. If I knew I had mites, which I do now, I would have everyone on paper towels for as long as it took to get rid of them, which I am doing right now.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #68
charlene.dourty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Dragon Lab View Post
How many animals did you have in his care?
I have attached a word document that shows exactly what we dropped off at Eddie's. The ones that are highlighted in yellow are those that were lost in the overheat or are just unaccounted for. I saw unaccounted for because the animals I picked up didn't match what I should have been picking up. Either there were some there that I wasn't expecting and others that I was expecting but weren't there. I am also attaching two screen shots of the list Eddie sent me a few days after the overheat to inform us of what we lost.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: docx Supernova-Reptiles-Inventory(1).docx (15.5 KB, 60 views)

Old 09-21-2015, 10:34 AM   #69
vikingroyalpythons
unfathomable

It's unacceptable to lose that many animals there are fail safes to prevent that sort of thing and if you have that many animals fail safes should be the first thing that you invest in damn that's a lot of animals gone needlessly

Old 09-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #70
John Capurso
Angry

Sorry this is happening.

Has any proof been provided for the animals that are presumed dead? Your list of highlighted animals and "died before heater" are some of the nicer ones. At this point I would wonder if they were sold rather than passed away.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!