Info Eddie Markward - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #81
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
My impression is that Eddie has entered some sort of anxiety-inaction cycle or some manner of breakdown characterized by anxiety that promotes inaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Does anyone know if the failure occurred when Eddie was on his recent vacation? I know he had posted that he had cut some eggs before leaving for a week.
If he was active enough to go on vacation for a week, he should have been active enough to notify Charlene that he was not taking care of her snakes.

If he had money to vacation for a week, he should have money to make reparations here.

If there is (I don't know, we have no facts yet) some sort of psychiatric explanation involved, moving forward, the responsible action for him to take is to avoid being in a position where live critter's lives, both his own and other peoples critters, depend on him.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #82
Pasodama
Darn it. Messed up the quote in my prior post.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #83
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Does anyone know if the failure occurred when Eddie was on his recent vacation? I know he had posted that he had cut some eggs before leaving for a week. If the failure did happen during that time, it may explain why he didn't know the room heated up to unsafe levels.
I could be mistaken but it seems that the Tstat failure occurred toward the end of the time that Eddie had the snakes in his possession.
However, or regardless, the failure does not explain the totality of the snakes' condition/s.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #84
Black Adder
If he truly went on vacation for a week and did not organize for ANYBODY to do regular checks on these animals that is near criminal and appalling right there.
Yes that could have been when the tstat failure occurred but if he seriously left this huge number of animals unattended for that amount of time?
Absolutely no way I go on vacation without arranging for a fellow herper to check in at least once a day on my collection, usually twice a day!
I am sorry but at the moment all of this points to neglect on Eddies part although as we are yet to hear from him its rather difficult but not looking very promising so far.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #85
BillZ
I hope everyone can see the connection to this topic I intend to make with this post. I recently purchased this item at Costco for a very, very low $99. Samsung Smartcam, a simple stand alone IP camera. The night vision is fantastic and it will send you an alert upon a audio event and a motion event. Room over heats and temp alarm (please have one set up in your room) goes off, thermostats malfunction/overheat and alarm goes off. Alarm goes off and camera sends you an audio triggered alert.

One word of warning is that reviews are iffy when set up on wireless. Some claim no issues, some claim trouble. I have mine set up hardwired so no problems at all. A lot less inexpensive that a full blown DVR set up and a very small footprint. The $99 is a sale that ends on Sept 27th. They seem to be temporarily out of them online but may be available in store (as they are in my local Costco)

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-SmartC...=10301&refine=

Now back to your scheduled programming.......

Old 09-21-2015, 10:02 PM   #86
E_Markward
Through out all this I have made many mistakes. I completely over estimated my rat breeding abilities, I underestimated the cost to feed a collection of that size. I failed to communicate issues and problems. I didn't make their priorities my priorities. I didn't ask for help when I needed it.

At this point all I can do is ask that the Payne's forgive me and work with me as we come to a resolution.

There will be many here that won't give me a second thought or chance. But for those that will all I ask is for the opportunity to earn your trust and respect again. I'm not asking that either be freely given, but that you would allow me to attempt to earn them.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #87
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Markward View Post
Through out all this I have made many mistakes. I completely over estimated my rat breeding abilities, I underestimated the cost to feed a collection of that size. I failed to communicate issues and problems. I didn't make their priorities my priorities. I didn't ask for help when I needed it.

At this point all I can do is ask that the Payne's forgive me and work with me as we come to a resolution.

There will be many here that won't give me a second thought or chance. But for those that will all I ask is for the opportunity to earn your trust and respect again. I'm not asking that either be freely given, but that you would allow me to attempt to earn them.
As I have said earlier, the first steps to earning back the trust are to fully compensate Charlene for the following:

The $200 monthly fee, the value of animals that were lost, the cost of vet care, as well as additional compensation for the time that will be spent getting the animals back to health.

After that, my next step (if I were you) would be to reduce my collection to a more manageable size, and show the community that you are capable and committed to keeping your own animals healthy.

I have absolutely no doubt that you are capable of keeping snakes healthy. I can't presume to know what caused this to happen. I know it will take a long time to regain the trust of the community after this, but I also believe it is possible with hard work and dedication.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #88
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Markward View Post

While the screenshots and story told undoubtedly are horrible, I will say that I commend the fact that you have taken responsibility publicly for what happened to these animals. I hope that you do follow up on making it right, both with your own animals and with Charlene and hers. Good luck.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:08 AM   #89
LauraB
I also will give credit to Eddie for acknowledging his very blatant, very sad failures.

The fact that those animals suffered at his hands, I hope weighs heavily ... sad as it is, often that is the only way we learn. Just a damn shame the animals had to sacrifice their lives when the human who is supposed to be smarter should have known better and responded better.

Yes, please redeem yourself and do right by the animals entrusted to your care, Eddie, whether your own or others you accept to care for.

And thank you for being man enough to post.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:22 AM   #90
ShadowAceD
In all of this, I would strongly advise the OP not to pump these animals with food quickly, even if they want it.

Shock to their organs is a very real possibility following such prolonged neglect.

For a snake to actually reach starvation status is very extreme and incredibly sad.

I hope there is an actual resolution to all of this and not just acknowledgement of what went wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!