James Skinny or Jennifer Skinny or Jesse Fricker -Where are my 2 Crested Geckos? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #31
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster38122
And what happened to along with ownership comes resposibility? Someone ownes this site, but no one is resposible for what goes on here?
If the owner was responsible for everything posted here you wouldn't be allowed to post about your bad experience in the first place.

Quote:
The classifieds section on this site is open to all PAID members to post their ads within. There is no filtering in place to scrutinize those ads, nor any manner in which the validity of what is being offered is verified, much less WHO is posting those ads. YOU are responsible for determining whether or not what someone is offering for sale is legitimate or not. YOU are the one who must do the homework necessary in order to try to protect yourself from someone making any attempt to engage in any sort of scam, fraudulent transaction, or anything of an illegal nature.
<hr>
Under no circumstances will the owner, admin, nor moderators of this site assume any liability whatsoever concerning what is posted in the classifieds section, or your actions in relation to those ads. All liability rests upon your own shoulders in making the determination of whether or not you choose to do business with anyone advertising their merchandise on this site.
<hr>
Be cautious in ALL of your business dealings on the internet. If you have doubts at all that cannot be resolved, the safest course of action may very well be to pass on the deal, no matter how attractive it may appear to be to you.
<hr>
And of course, use the Board of Inquiry on this site as much as you can to try to determine the legitimacy of anyone you are considering doing business with. The tools are in place on this site to attempt to help you in this manner, but bear in mind that nothing is perfect, and it still all boils down to YOU using your best judgement in anything you do.
Also, from the rules at the top of the BOI.
Quote:
I am providing this forum as a public service. I will not be held responsible for something someone else states, implies, nor accuses within this forum. If YOU have a problem with what someone is saying about YOU, then you need to state your case here and discuss it with the person making the offending statement. This forum is being provided in accordance with the freedom of speech and freedom of the press guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America. As such, ANY effort made to discontinue this service will be construed as a violation of ALL viewers and posters of this forum's civil and constitutional rights.

FULL NAMES are required on each posting you make on the BOI. Anyone failing to adhere to this simple rule has subjected their message to possibly being deleted. Anyone using a false name may be subjecting ALL of their messages to possibly being deleted as well has having their account removed from this site upon discovery.

I am going out on a limb and expect a lot of flak from people by providing this forum, so if you are not willing to stand up, state your claim, and put your name on it, then I'm not interested in providing you the space to make anonymous accusations. Such messages will be deleted as deemed appropriate in the individual circumstances surrounding the message.

YOU have to take responsibility and ownership of the words you post here. So take great care in how you craft your statements. Once you submit your message, it will be here PERMANENTLY, no matter what happens afterwards.

This site is an opportunity for you to learn from other peoples' bad experiences and an opportunity for you to warn people of bad experiences you have had. It is also the opportunity for those people that are doing a good job in this business to get the recognition deserved, and give those people new to this business somewhere to go to, to learn who to deal with, without the risks previously attached to dealing with someone completely unknown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster38122
That way Sandra would have been spared all this crap that she really doesn't need or want to deal with in this difficult time of her life.

With all respect to Sandra, a simpe search on the BOI would have given her all the information she needed.

His ads and posts under "skinnie" were banned rather quickly.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #32
Dennis Hultman
*simple

Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #33
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
For what it is worth, Microsoft Streets shows the Slatington address as a correct location. Obviously, it doesn't verify that he lives there, but it is a recognized address.

Bart

Even easier way to check to see if an address is likely true or not... use the USPS website. I do it all the time when attempting to correct information in a database where someone creating an account for a client forgot to put in vital information for the person's account.. like the street number or whether the address is indeed a street or a drive or whatever.

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

You can search by address/zip or by city/state or even just search by zip to see what cities fall within that zone.

Quote:
>Jesse J Fricker
>Jennifer N Fricker
>6142 Furlong Ct
>Slatington PA 18080

Actual City name in 18080
SLATINGTON, PA

Acceptable City names in 18080
EMERALD, PA

Quote:
jesse fricker
6142 Furlong Court
bangor
pa
Actual City name in 18013
BANGOR, PA

Acceptable City names in 18013
EAST BANGOR, PA
ROSETO, PA

The Furlong Court address only shows up as legit when using the Slatington city for the address.

6142 FURLONG CT
SLATINGTON PA 18080-3007

Using Yahoo maps, Slatington and Bangor are only about 30 miles apart from each other. If he had used the Bangor city with the slatington zip in regards to the Furlong street address, then the mail would likely be deliverable as the PO sorting machines can usually cross reference mail by zip, street and city. And if 2 match but not the 3rd, then they try to pinpoint which bit of info is incorrect and correct for it. If the city given for the Furlong address was Bangor with the Bangor zip, then the PO would have likely returned the mail as undeliverable as there is no match up on the street for both that city and zip.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #34
LadyGecko
Two emails received from James this morning

In response to my asking yesterday for a complete refund of the $225.00 into my PalPal account

Date: 4/2/2007 7:15:59 AM
To: beardiekeeper10@gmail.com
Subject: RE: James -Jesse-or Jennifer

Ok.

and then

-------Original Message-------

Date: 4/2/2007 7:53:10 AM

Sorry no refunds. I will be shipping the geckos tomorrow morning. If you
are unable to pick them up on Wednesday, then please let me know what day is
good for you.

James

and my reply)s) minus the pics of the Cresties

-------Original Message-------

Date: 4/2/2007 9:48:19 AM
To: james skinny

James-I am very sorry that is your attitude
I think that have been extremely patient in waiting for these geckos to be shipped to me

I have waited through numerous excuses even with excluding anything weather related and I do not understand why you think that you still have the option to decide whether I get a refund or not

Can you please tell me what happened to change your response in the 18 minutes between the email that I received from you this morning at Date: 4/2/2007 7:15:59 AM and the following one at 4/2/2007 7:53:10 AM ?

As much as I would love to receive the geckos that are pictured below-I'm afraid that you have lost any credibility with me and I have no clue as to just what (if anything) that you might be shipping to me tomorrow

I'm sorry but I just don't have the strength or the energy to go through this whole process again with yet another failure to ship them and then not contacting me about it or coming up with yet another excuse as to why they could not be shipped tomorrow

Why would you want to add to all of the other problems that I am already experiencing in my life right now?

Female

Male-2 views

Please just refund the entire $225.00 back into my PayPal account or we shall just let PayPal decide whether I am entitled to a refund

Sandy

Date: 4/2/2007 10:36:32 AM
To: james skinny
Subject: Fw: RE: James -Jesse-or Jennifer

James
Please excuse the typo -that should have read 38 minutes instead of 18 minutes
I await your reply regarding my refund of $225.00
Thanks for your time
Sandy

and just a few minutes ago

Date: 4/2/2007 10:54:30 AM

I will be shipping your geckos tomorrow morning unless for some reason you
are unable to pick them up from the PO on Wednesday. Losing contact with a customer for five days, because of circumstances beyond my control, is no
reason to revearse the status of an order. You have filed a claim with
PayPal, which you have every right to do. I have ten days to respond to
that complaint and resolve it. For me to resolve this issue with paypal, I
need only to submit tracking info for your order. I have ten days to do so.
If tomorrow is an inconvenient ship date for you, I can wait until you are
ready to receive your order.

I only wish that I could believe that the two geckos in question are actually going to be in my possession on Wednesday morning
I really don't know what to do at this point
I have NEVER been involved in such a mess before and I just do not understand how he can say that there was only ONE instance that he has not shipped "because of circumstances beyond my control,"

Is he correct? -do I have to accept his shipping the geckos and do I lose any chance of a refund from PayPal if I write back and tell him not to ship them and that i still only want my money back?

I am really tired of this whole mess and I can't imagine that there will actually be the 2 geckos that are pictured in this thread and that were in the original ads in a box at the PO from him on Wednesday morning after everything that has happened so far with him

Sandy

Old 04-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #35
jfoster38122
What I was trying to say is why not pull all of his ads? That way Sandy wouldn't have been sucked in. I did file reports with my local police and called the PA state police, but it's not top priority with them. I'm not saying the mods or owner of the board owes me a thing. Just when you KNOW a scammer is here pull their ads and ban them.

Jerry

Old 04-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #36
LadyGecko
OK-I give up
At least for the moment-I just can't deal with what is going on right now in my life and
this mess too
Here's hoping that I find the 2 Cresteds that I paid for at the PO on Wednesday morning

Here is my reply to James that I sent to him just a few minutes ago

James-

All I have ever wanted out of this deal with you is the 2 Crested geckos that I paid you for
1 male and 1 female that were posted on Fauna's classifieds by you on March 4th

I know that we have had some bad weather in the last month since I paid you for these geckos but I have received 12 other geckos in that period of time from various areas of the country that all arrived with warm heat packs and healthy geckos

So-Excuse me if I have had a problem with your delays and problems getting these animals out to me
And If I have a very hard time believing that I am actually going to find those 2 geckos at the PO on Wednesday

My decision to ask you for a refund was not strictly monetary in nature although I am far from wealthy
I am tired of having to deal with waiting and delays and excuses as to why these geckos are not here at my home
I am going through a very stressful time in my life right now and you certainly are not helping with the delays and excuses and now your refusal of a refund for animals not received

BUT-I will accept delivery of the 2 crested geckos that you advertised -Meaning that I will be able to pick them up at the Watseka PO on Wednesday morning
All that I have to say in closing is that I pray to God that I find those 2 geckos at the PO Wednesday because honestly my nerves can't stand much more grief right now

Thanks for your time

Sandy

Old 04-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #37
LadyGecko
I also decided to resend him my shipping information-just in case

James-
Just in case that you might have misplaced my information for shipping
Please write it down on a piece of paper and put it somewhere safe
so that you have it when you need it tomorrow

My address is

Sandra Peraziana
544 E Locust St
Watseka
Illinois

My phone number is ***-***-****

I also would very much appreciate a phone call with their tracking number in addition to an email with the information

I have several appointments and errands to run tomorrow so please leave a message if there is no answer

Thanks for your time
Sandy

Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #38
Powderfinger
If those reptiles don't show up tomorrow, someone needs to drive to the address listed and kick this guys butt....or at least put the fear of God into him...or maybe both.

Good luck, Sandy!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #39
GinoInDaBronx
frickers

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can find out where these two fools work? That would be a quicker way to turn-up the heat.

I feel so sorry for you, Sandra. The frickers can steal, but ehy cannot hide. And the karma on this one will not be fun...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #40
jfoster38122
That's what I have been thinking about today. I think he works at a pet store in Slatington, PA. I was talking to someone about it today and we thought that maybe he is taking pictures of pets in the store where he works and selling them like they are his and getting the money for them. If he is doing that and we can find the store where he works, then he's busted and unemployed. Anyone in the area where he lives that can track him down?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!