ED Clark (BAD GUY!!) - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #111
Scrletbegonia88
the only reason why i was willing to acept the female gecko was because i honestly dont feel he would give me a refund and cause the gecko is gravid. she was already shipped gravid and i dont want to risk her dying and some how i become at fault. Or have him claim something like i just sent him a box without a gecko

here are some emails. i wish i had record the phone calls but he he sworn that was the same gecko even after i showed him how they were different. after the last message i havent heard from him for a couples of days and only when i used my boyfriends cellphone did i get a reply afterwards. also next to the emails are the photos.

Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 12:50:43 -0700
Subject: RE: Message about: Pair of Breeder Red Harlequin Crested Geckos.
To: scrletmoon_88@hotmail.com

They will color up at nite after fed and misted, but Im sure you know that. keep a nest box in with them as she will lay eggs.

RE: Message about: Pair of Breeder Red Harlequin Crested Geckos.‏
Sent: Thu 7/03/08 4:07 PM
To: Ed Clark (cmrcpythons@yahoo.com)

Security scan upon download
GetAttach...jpg (17.3 KB)

i know you are an honest person but i finally got her to fire up and she fired up a brown color. all im saying is that you accidentally sent me the wrong gecko

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:32:28 -0700

The geckos I sent you were the exact ones in the ad, the pic of the female fired up was a little bit older. I used that1 because thats the only pic of her I had with her fired up.

She is 1 of the best red females I ever had. give it some time....feed her and mist every night till you see her fired up , take some pics then compare to the pic you have and you will she its the exact 1.

I am a very honest seller and would not play games by switching animals that you have bought, please wait till you see her fired up before you jump to conclusions. Thanks Ed

RE: Message about: Pair of Breeder Red Harlequin Crested Geckos.‏
Sent: Tue 7/01/08 2:08 PM
To: Ed Clark (cmrcpythons@yahoo.com)

Security scan upon download
070108134...JPG (22.0 KB), 1.JPG (27.7 KB), 2.JPG (24.7 KB)
im not really going off of color because geckos change from time to time and cameras sometimes alter it too. im am going off of marking and the two thing that led me to believe that it was a different gecko is 1) the side marking are different in the gecko you sent me they are missing. 2) in the orignal photo there are a few freckles/dal spots on the the head of the girl and they are missing on head of the gecko that was sent to me

anna

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
as for the red baby. he never called me back within the next days like he said so i assumed that it was a lie to shut me up and that is why i did this post

Old 07-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #112
Lucille
There are certainly enough people who have a difference of opinion about whether these are the same that I don't think any opinion is definitive.

Ed is sending another critter. I think under the circumstances that he could not do much more to make his customer happy.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #113
Otter_23
Jim
We can say from the post above that on May 13th he was still answering questions about the female. Anna posted her concerns on another forum July 5th so that should narrow down the time frame.

Ed has stated the geckos are the same, which they are not. He has not admitted to sending the wrong gecko and tried to play it off as her being a newbie. I'm not really sure how the timeline is going to excuse him from sending the wrong advertised animal and lying about it.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #114
Otter_23
The gecko you have posted pictures of will never fire up red like the one advertised. If you look at the first pics of the male he had sent one is somewhat fired up and one isn't the one that isn't is still a pinkish color and not brown. There is a big difference between a brick brown/red crested and a fire engine red crested. He sent you a subpar red gecko.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #115
The BoidSmith
Ana purchased "the gecko" and not "a gecko". This means she should have received what she paid for and it's clear she didn't.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #116
Scrletbegonia88
here are some more emails
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 12:50:43 -0700

They will color up at nite after fed and misted, but Im sure you know that. keep a nest box in with them as she will lay eggs.

anna diaz <scrletmoon_88@hotmail.com> wrote:

oh every one is safe and sound i checked the tracking number and it only said whittier i didn't really know which location and i wasn't sure if UPS took Fedex shipments and such. sorry thanks for everything they are both huge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:49:44 -0700

Sent fedex priority to the UPS Store, sent you a tracking # yesterday afternoon. at this email.

i just want to make sure you sent them to address below if so please email me because i thought you wee going to send them through Ups and the address is for one of there store. and i will wait over there i have tried calling you but had no luck
-anna

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:25:03 -0700

On the way to you Anna.

They will not call you, Sorry. but will be there before 10:30 am

13502 WHITTIER BLVD STE H
WHITTIER, CA 90605-1944

Phone: (562) 907-3800
Fax: (562) 698-9912

can you also have them call me when the package arrives
thankyou
anna

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:32:23 -0700

Please send the address of where you want them shipped to.

canyou shipp them on monday if so please contact me at 562 447 0810

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:38:34 -0700

Anna, Hello. Fedex priority overnite before 10:30 am is $68.86

I can normally do $30.00 shipping but its way to hot for that.

it must of been the angle of the photo but eithier way i want them!! lol i sent you a payment of 125 and i was wondering if you can send me a shipping quote for the area code 90602
thank you
anna

Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:17:53 -0700

Looked your male over real good tonite and no FTS.

That has never bothered me at all, because that tail can be gone with the flip of a light switch anyway.

i was noticing that the male has some FTS and i was wondering if you can make the price 350 shipped??
thank you anna

Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 12:18:41 -0700
Subject: Re: Message about: Pair of Breeder Red Harlequin Crested Geckos.

Can do a pay plan, the pics posted are the best I have. I will look thru my pics and see if I have any others that are in focus.

scrletmoon_88@hotmail.com wrote:
NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

hello i was wondering if you accept payment plans?? and if possible do you have any other pictures??
thankyou
anna

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=592380&cat=31

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
This person may or may not be who they say they are.
The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.

Sent 02:05 PM, May 25th, 2008 from I.P. Address 24.205.154.243/24-205-154-243.dhcp.whtr.ca.charter.com

Old 07-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #117
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
There are certainly enough people who have a difference of opinion about whether these are the same that I don't think any opinion is definitive.

Ed is sending another critter. I think under the circumstances that he could not do much more to make his customer happy.

Lucille,
People that raise/breed cresteds are saying it is not the same gecko, people that have limited or no experience gecko are saying it could be the same. I would put my trust in those that work with cresteds in which we are postive it is not the same gecko. Once again sending another sub par crested or one that may not even turn out red is not a resolution. Anna has stated she wants a refund. To make the customer happy he could have been honest to begin with and offered a refund or partial refund instead of ignoring her emails and calls. It astounds me that you are giving him a pass on this.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #118
Otter_23
Wish I could edit posts so I can keep them all in one but oh well. His comment on the FTS is also disturbing. A gecko with floppy tail syndrome isn't consider 100% flawless gecko. Cresteds with FTS or no tails are sold for discounts because of the imperfections. His comment about them losing thier tails because of a light switch is a smoke screen. The more I read his replies the more I realize I would never do business with him.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #119
compoundB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Mark,
... can anyone here say that they know what day she received the animal, and then after being happy with it, how much time passed before she registered any dissatisfaction to the seller ? We've got over 100 posts and that info isn't even on the table yet ? ...

In case you missed it, she received the animals July 1 and about 2 days passed when she told Ed on July 3 that she thought he sent her the wrong gecko.

But seriously guys, look real long and hard at this photo:

The patterns are similar, I'll admit, but different.
They could have been closely related (most likely) but are NOT the same gecko!

Where is the harley pattern on her side???
Where did that notch come from?
The large white "porthole" on her side vanished?

Are you guys looking at the same photo I am???

Old 07-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #120
Chameleon Company
Wow. I had to jump back and forth with the emails to conclude (I think) that they were shipped on 30 June, which means they arrived on July 1st, and that there's an email from Ed to Anna on July 2nd addressing her concern that it might not be the same female, meaning Anna had conveyed the issue no later than one day after receipt ? (I realize some communications may have been by phone. If that is correct (and it would help next time Anna if you organize it, with a few comments), then Ed owes her, either just on customer dissatisfaction alone, or in the view that its not the same critter. It would appear to be the wrong animal, and that the customer responded promptly. Ed owes a satisfactory solution IMMHO.

Compound B. The dates had not yet been posted when I noted that they had not been put forth, and OBTW, its a July 2nd email where Ed is addressing her mix-up issue. He may have also mentioned it later.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark