"giraffe mojave" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
hhmoore
"giraffe mojave"

Can anybody enlighten me on this animal? What the components are, what they're supposed to look like, how they're different from regular mojaves, etc?
I did a quick google search, and came up with nothing (except the original ad that raised the question in the first place).

Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
snakemansnakes
I personally have never heard of such an animal. But I too would like to know

Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
SPJ
This is all I found on it on their website.
http://www.ballroompythons.com/ballp...SnakeType=Ball Python&Breed=Giraffe Ball
A photo with no description.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
SPJ
Hmm. Link didn't work. It's under the collection on their website.
I especially like the scratch off ball. Looks to me like a healed wound.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
Willow
said photo is now gone...hmm =(

Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
Willow
ahh kk i see the pic...lol yea your link isnt working =p

Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
ReptileJay
I hate to say it... but the photo of the "Giraffe Ball" on the website looks EXACTLY like a normal... it looks like a LOT of the "morphs" on the website look a lot like normals... with slightly different patterns or colors...

I have VERY strong doubts that there is much of a genetic basis to many of them...

It claimed in the ad that the "Mojave Giraffe" was a "Double Co-Dominant" snake... That WOULD indicate that there is a "Super Giraffe" ball SOMEWHERE out there... now... I suppose if he were to post pictures of THAT Ball python somewhere (supposing that it exists), then it wouldn't really matter how much like a normal a "Giraffe" looks...

Until I see something to that effect, it's nothing more than a "Pretty Normal"

Old 11-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
Twizted Paths
I found some fighting about it and quite quickly remembered why I tend to stay away from BP's and only participate in two forums

Possibly, the neck stripe and brighter colors are the only semi coherent thoughts I could pull out of the gibberish. The only one mentioned belongs to the guy with the ad who piqued your curiosity.

I do have a bunch of new insults to use should I ever get in a name calling match with a pre schooler though

Old 11-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
Frankie J
I liked the "quirky pastel" and the "mojave het scratch off". If your the first to produce a snake, why not make the name of the snake at least sound good? Nerds new snakes are Inferno's and Angel of Death. You don't need to leak your secrets out of what genetics your using but having a 2 year old name them, maybe not the best idea...

I hope for him he really is producing some one of kind quality animals but something just seems really odd...

Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
David Reid
I would say this, for someone who has been doing this for 20 years, according to someone who supposedly knows the seller, and for someone who does this for a living, according to the same person who supposedly knows the seller, I was very underwhelmed by his answers. I would have an entire novel of questions that would have to be answered prior to sending a dime.

The Mojave Pied does not look like what I have seen Mojave Pieds look like, although, I have only seen a few here in So Cal. The Giraffe Mojave is supposed to be a Double Co Dom, so where is the Super, and what does it look like?

For someone who has been called out-not by me, but by others-for supposedly trying to sell normal Morphs as doubles, I was VERY underwhelmed by the sellers answers and comments. If someone has an issue with one of my ads, I answer it immediatly, and to the best of my ability. If there is a genetics question, there should be some support with pictures of adults, babies, and if a claim of co dom genetics is made, with a pic of a Super.

I am going to sit back and see how this works itself out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!