Ball Python Trend - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
ElliotNess
Ball Python Trend

After selling my collection a couple of years ago, I fell off with tracking the trend of peoples future projects. I am getting back into it so I am trying to see where the trend is headed.

I see that there are a few that are obvious such as Banana, GHI and Bamboo...

What else is there to look for?

Old 05-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
bcr229
As always, it's whatever you want to fool with because you like it. There are so many different projects out there that unless you're willing to invest in hundreds of the critters you'll never get them all.

I only pair a half dozen or less females a year and keep things firmly at the hobby level. That way I don't get overwhelmed and I don't care if I catch trends or not.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
ElliotNess
Well I am weird cause I like things like Lithium's and Super Emperor Pin but I am liking the OD and Banana. I am not looking to make this a job but its hard to keep up with all of the projects.

I want to create clean morphs that I like but there are so many options...

Old 05-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #4
Robert Walker
There is keeping and breeding for your own personal enjoyment and satisfaction and then there is keeping and breeding with the hopes of selling the offspring. If both those desires happen to merge, even better. By today's standard of crazy morphs and morph staking, a Lithium might be considered outdated by some and harder to sell.

One of my favorite combos are Enchi Lithiums (Two I produced a couple years ago, pictured). At this point, I if I breed Lithiums it would be because I enjoy them versus I thought I could easily sell them.

So, are you looking for yourself OR to sell?
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
ElliotNess
I am looking for stuff like Lithiums (not plain but varied morphs) for myself but there are lots of others I am interested in. Selling would only be a side effort to compensate for others I would like to purchase.

I cant justify buying a Bamboo LemonBlast cause I am sure they are in the thousand(s) but I can if I sell offspring that I do not holdback.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
I am looking for stuff like Lithiums (not plain but varied morphs) for myself but there are lots of others I am interested in. Selling would only be a side effort to compensate for others I would like to purchase.

I cant justify buying a Bamboo LemonBlast cause I am sure they are in the thousand(s) but I can if I sell offspring that I do not holdback.
If this is the case, then I would breed what you enjoy and not worry about the ball python trend. Those doing it with finances in mind need to be more worried about trends and staying ahead of the curve in my opinion.
Do what you love and you will enjoy it!

Old 05-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #7
ElliotNess
That's what my plan is but I want to find out where some of these awesome morphs are headed because I like where the banana is going so I guess I shouldn't call it a trend but more along the lines of where certain morphs work best. Banana Chocolate are gorgeous so knowing where they can go from there is beneficial.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
so knowing where they can go from there is beneficial.
It is my understanding that there are over 5000 ball python morphs or morph combos today. The question you propose is too overwhelming at this point that there really is no way to answer it any longer, so... I would just do what you like.

Back when there were only a few morphs or 2 gene combos, your question would have been simpler to actually answer. Good luck either way!

Old 05-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #9
TheDJV
I think the whole BP craze is overdone at this point. Many of the "morphs" are hardly distinguishable from common BP's that sell for $20.

I never understood the craze.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #10
ElliotNess
Thanks for that solid opinion.... I don't think you need to build a post count to sell something here.

I think its odd at such a comment on a reptile board, seeing there are people that think the reptile craze is overdone.

Best thing is that there are thousands of combinations left to discover if not more, so for me, its not a job, its something I am interested in.

Happy Browsing...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!