What to do? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
mxracer4life
What to do?

I don't frequent the python section much as I am mostly into boas, but I have owned an 09 Sumatran blood and he has been a pet only. Samson is held frequently, atleast a couple times a week, basically just spoiled beyond belief. He has a beautiful hand built wooden cage for the time being, nice little hot spot of 92 degrees and is cooler side is at about 78 right now. I have never had an issue with samson, always get a full shed, no regurgitation, no RI, he has always been a great snake. I had just had him out just before I left for vacation and noticed he was a little impacted, so I had my brother soak him while I was gone. My brother has been handling snakes for quite some time, and I left him a very detailed instruction sheet on what to do for all my snakes, including samson. When I got back, my brother and his girlfriend told me he had acted funny half way through my vacation, they didn't say anything to me while I was gone so I wouldn't worry. But they said he wouldn't eat, and he drank a lot of water, constantly. So when I got back just at the beginning of the week, I got him out, he seemed a little sluggish, just didn't seem like himself. So I soaked him and massaged him, then he finally went to the bathroom. So to me, everything is good, I put him back and gave him a couple days of R&R. I checked on him last night, and he has lost basically all control of his body, like he is paralyzed, he can move his neck/head and roll himself over, but thats it. When I first found him he was laying on his back, as soon as I touched him, he rolled over. I placed the water beside him and he drank constantly. I was rubbing his top half, and when I touched the back of his head he jumps and rolls his head to the side and upside down. Basically scaring the death out of me. The soonest I could get into a vet was yesterday, and its a different vet as my old vet I have lost faith in after a few mishaps with bad endings. So when I called the other vet and explained what was going on, they are recommending he be put down, so I haven't taken him in yet. I am lost as what to do. Any suggestions? What would you do?