Tis The New Guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
Argonz123
Talking Tis The New Guy

New member just dropping by to say hello and happy Holidays to everyone. I currently have 3 Bearded Dragons (2 babies 1 sub-adult), 1 Uromastyx (Juvenile) and a Blood Red Corn Snake (Baby). I'm sure to add more to the collection soon, I'll be looking thru all the goodies up for sale in the classifieds and see if anything interesting pops up.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Welcome to Fauna Ariel - enjoy!

Old 12-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
Hi and welcome to the forum ,

Congratulations on your collection. I too have a small juvenile Pagona vitticeps. I would love to see photo's of your specimens. My favorite color mutation of Elaphe guttata is blood red.

So, if, you have time, I would love to see photo's of your collection.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #4
Argonz123
Thanks guys, once I get some good pics of them all I'll post them up.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:30 AM   #5
terry bouchard
older brother terrified of pantherophis what or how do i make him unafraid ?

Old 01-30-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
hotlips
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry bouchard View Post
older brother terrified of pantherophis what or how do i make him unafraid ?
How old is 'older brother'? Explain that most snakes* (giants, not so much*)- are very picky eaters and we aren't on their menu. Unless we've been handling their food first & didn't wash up ("life is better when you don't do that"), the main reason snakes bite is fear & self-defense...so have some sympathy for that scared little reptile! The only thing in nature that normally picks up a snake is a predator about to eat them: with gentle treatment, most snakes learn we are safe to be around and they relax.

Teach your brother to pay attention to the snake's body language...and to remember that snakes do NOT identify food by vision alone...movement they see gets them excited, hoping for a snack, but don't take it 'personal' when a snake chases your motion thru the glass, because once you give* them your scent, very few still try to bite. *blow across your hand, so your scent goes in the cage thru screen/vent & watch the reaction, most back off quickly. Knowledge conquers fear.

Then remind him how important snakes are in the web of life..."nature's best mouse-traps" and environmentally-friendly too! Either WE have to learn to catch & eat rodents (which multiply at warp-speed) or be happy that snakes do it for us, LOL!

Old 01-30-2018, 06:20 PM   #7
hotlips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonz123 View Post
Thanks guys, once I get some good pics of them all I'll post them up.
Welcome! I had a rescued beardie some years ago, he was so cute! But I'm mostly a snake keeper, & the 16 that I currently have includes 5 corn snakes.
They are beautiful & easy pets that stay a very manageable size...great choices.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!