Need help identifying markings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
HerpGuy
Need help identifying markings

I just picked up two new baby balls.... one seems to be a really pretty normal, but this one looks to be either a reduced pattern or a bp with an under developed stripe down it's back. He has an unbroken stripe extending almost half his body. Anyways any help would be appreciated. Thanx
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
LadyOhh
Looks pretty normal to me. Nice pattern though!

Old 04-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
HerpGuy
Thank you darlin. I'm just starting to learn breeding. So if I may ask, do you possibly think this one may have future generations with the unbroken stripe pattern?

Old 04-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
LadyOhh
Possibly. All you have to do is breed it out.

I do have to say, however, that the unbroken neck pattern is not all that uncommon. It is the complete stripers that are more rare.

And then, there are the genetic stripers.. *sigh* One of these days.....

Old 04-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
HerpGuy
lol...ya I know wut you mean.... one of these days. but ya as you can see I'm not experianced. Right now I'm doing a lot of reading and research and preparing for the future. They are still babies... so i got a while. Hopefully I will be gaining an axanthic and albino later this year, and yield some snowballs so ya... lol I know wut you mean. high hopes eh?

Old 04-23-2007, 12:33 AM   #6
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Ty, what you have there is a normal unless breeding proves otherwise, striping is common in ball pythons.

It is a pretty normal though.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:04 AM   #7
HerpGuy
Thanx Ed. You advice is always valued here, I appreciate that you took the time to leave me a comment. hoping I may get lucky, being the people I got them from, got them from someone else that supposedly got them from a breeder. lol. They haven't had an easy time. So I am gonna do my best with them and cross my fingers and treat them good regardless of what they are. Otherwise, I'd have no business owning any animal.

Just to give an idea how I received them...
They came in a jimmy rigged 10 gal tank with barely anything in it for them, just a hide and water bowl, they were kept in cedar bedding, both were and still are a little under nourished... I fed them and they acted liek they never had a meal in their life. There was feces and dirt caked in the corners of the cage, with plenty of old feces in the litter and stuck to hide, just plain filthy. They had a 150 watt infrared light on them on top of this tiny cage, and a heat pad on the INSIDE of the cage!!!! not to mention with no rheostat or temp gage or anything. The water bowl was black on the bottom with slime. I'm surprised that they are in as good of condition they are. Both are fairly healthy. One has some dry spots from bad shed, I'm taking care, on top of head. Not the worst by far. But still... anyways... they are in good hands now. I did go off on the people though lol.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
Miss Tuniwha
OMG..

People need to stop having pets they dont think they need to take care of properly.

Glad you got them before anything horrid happened!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #9
Leighanne
I can vouch for it being normal. My Lickity has the same broken stripe down her body. Very pretty though. Kudos for taking good care of these babies.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #10
David Reid
Snow Balls

You do understand that Albino x Axanthic will NOT give you Snows? You would need to breed the normal looking, albeit Double Het offspring to eventually get a Snow.

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!