Inquiry & Q's : RodentPro - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #31
Justin Mitcham
But think about this....
if there buying mice that there not supposed to sell then what stops him from buying mice from anyone, any breeder...who knows how long those rodents sat in someones freezer till they got sold etc...
I think it is safe to say you REALLY don't know who he is getting them from..and if there not supposed to sell the overstock..then what stops the same guy from selling off the ones that been tested on..nothing seems $$$ is the motivation here and I'd be very...very wary..especially since it is obvious that he is willing mislead his customers!!!
Rodents should smell when thawed period!!! Only rotten meat smells when it is thawed!!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #32
Justin Mitcham
that should read shouldn't not should...

Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #33
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
But think about this....
if there buying mice that there not supposed to sell then what stops him from buying mice from anyone, any breeder...who knows how long those rodents sat in someones freezer till they got sold etc...
I think it is safe to say you REALLY don't know who he is getting them from..and if there not supposed to sell the overstock..then what stops the same guy from selling off the ones that been tested on..nothing seems $$$ is the motivation here and I'd be very...very wary..especially since it is obvious that he is willing mislead his customers!!!
Rodents should smell when thawed period!!! Only rotten meat smells when it is thawed!!

You have a point. But who assures you that the rest don't do the same. If they get rodents at a discounted price, wouldn't they be tempted to purchase them and including with their own stock? Now, I'm not going to speculate on the fact that rodents that come from a diagnostic lab were innoculated and not just surplus.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #34
Justin Mitcham
LOL

Quote:
But who assures you that the rest don't do the same.
ME that's who..I am at Big Cheese once a week every week and most of what I pick up is live..they pull my orders right out of the bins!
As for speculating..I rather not speculate either...I know what I am getting..as for the other companies I do not..that goes a long way and I'd pay extra for that!!

I have been breeding snake for 13 year now, and in the past I used various different companies who all had similar product..I even visited a couple places..when I started using Big Cheese my production, growth rates etc.. noticably changed for the better..
The freasher food is the more nutritious it is and that is an advantage I have when I pick my stuff up live..but that still goes for frozen. The longer in a cooler the less nutrition it has.
I like the fact that when I get my pinkies, pups fuzzies etc... they all have a full belly of milk..and whats cool is that the pinkies that I pick up frozen still have this..this means there freash and havn't sit in a bin for awhile waiting to be frozen. It doesn't take very long at all for those little guys to absorb that milk...

Old 02-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #35
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
ME that's who..I am at Big Cheese once a week every week and most of what I pick up is live..they pull my orders right out of the bins!
As for speculating..I rather not speculate either...I know what I am getting..as for the other companies I do not..that goes a long way and I'd pay extra for that!!

I have been breeding snake for 13 year now, and in the past I used various different companies who all had similar product..I even visited a couple places..when I started using Big Cheese my production, growth rates etc.. noticably changed for the better..
The freasher food is the more nutritious it is and that is an advantage I have when I pick my stuff up live..but that still goes for frozen. The longer in a cooler the less nutrition it has.
I like the fact that when I get my pinkies, pups fuzzies etc... they all have a full belly of milk..and whats cool is that the pinkies that I pick up frozen still have this..this means there freash and havn't sit in a bin for awhile waiting to be frozen. It doesn't take very long at all for those little guys to absorb that milk...
Your point is valid; the rodents you pick-up from the bins are without a doubt as fresh as they can be. That's the reason why we breed our own rodents and only buy to supplement whenever we run short of. The question that I had was not addressed at those rodents you pick-up yourself. My question was more along the lines of those that were frozen. Can we be absolutely sure that the rodents from every company that are stacked in their freezers come "only" from their breeding facilities? According to the link you posted we know that this is not true for two of them. But what about the rest? Will any company that's out there to be competitive in the market let the opportunity go by of purchasing additional rodents from elsewhere at a discounted price, freeze them, and intermingle them with their production?

Best regards,

Old 02-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #36
Justin Mitcham
same can be said for breeders selling subpar snakes...it comes down to how honest and reputable you are...I have yet to see anyone complain about Big Cheeses quality...so we'll save that for another thread if that pops up..right now RP is in question and there's seems now to be more questions than answers...
Occam's razor works well here..
Does Rodent Pro delibertly mislead there customers and buys from whoever suits them for profit
Or
are they honest with everyone about there product and have nothing to hide??

simplest of the two theories.. is probably the most likley answer!!

which one do you think is it?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #37
The BoidSmith
Well, at this time I'd rather not speculate because I don't have enough proof. Just remember what they say "there's always a logical, easy, but wrong answer to every question". As you say, time will tell. And BTW, I appreciate you posting that link.

Best regards.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #38
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis
This thread can play on for another 10 pages but here in lies the truth.
Chad and Chris run a pretty straight shop at Big Cheese.
Rodent Pro doesn't stand a chance even at twice the sales volume,I'll never use RP or TMF again.
4 Consecutive years with Big Cheese has afforded unequaled "Consistency"
Some people bitch about Big Cheese's size ratio,WTF ? Getting more meat for your money is a bad thing ?
I'll gladly take Med. that rival RP or TMF Large by 20 grams as a plus ANY DAY ! Weanling's that smoke RP's small .....ANY DAY !!!

Better Quality affords larger,healthier prey !! Understanding this and ordering accordingly will prove out BIG CHEESE over the competition time and again.

Tom Sargent

Is this a joke? I've ordered from all 3 and without a doubt TMF>Big Cheese> Rodent Pro.

Everything from TMF was considerably larger than the identical item at Big Cheese. I was thawing out Big Cheese 'hoppers' that were smaller than TMF fuzzies.

You could not pay me to order anything from RP again. I've got a post on this website with pictures showing the disgustiness that RP sent me. Bags of mice with hundreds of limbs at the bottom covered in bedding chips. The mice/rats all smelled and a huge portion were freezer burned when I got them.

I'll pass on dealing with all of that, even if it costs me an extra $100 per order. I'd rather spend the extra money and get a product that looks better than a lot of things that are sold in meat cases on grocery stores...

Old 03-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #39
TripleMoonsExotic
I had a conversation with a buddy about the broken limb/head situation with RodentPro (which doesn't bother me in the least) and he said that if they are flash freezing (liquid nitrogen), the first couple minutes after the flash freezing they would be extremely brittle. Which would mean any bumping could cause breaking. I looked on RP web site and didn't see anything about flash freezing, but that doesn't mean they don't do it.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #40
liltanya
I have ordered a couple times from RP and have never had any problems. The shipping did take a little while though...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!