Inquiry & Q's : RodentPro - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #71
Marcial Mendez
From what I can tell, everything about Rodent Pro is great (customer service, automated ordering, etc) EXCEPT the quality of their rodents. I've only ordered from them once, and was truely disgusted.... parts, stench, feces, mis-sized etc.

The Mouse Factory is more expensive, but puts out a superior product by far. I've been using them for many years now and will not use anyone else for rodents. My only complaint is that they are often out of something that I happen to need. Because of this, I placed an order with Big Cheese a few months back for some sizes that TMF was out of. They were way better than RP, but still no where close to the quality of TMF, IMO. I've also ordered from Mice on Ice in the past with good results.

TMF is the only way to go if you ask me.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #72
southern_boa_gurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_boa_gurl View Post
I only have one snake as of right now, but I ordered from them last fall and they had great customer service. The rats/rabbits that I recieved looked well and were packaged really great. I would continue to use them as I order in advance so it's never really a problem for me.
My bad, I forgot to attach my name. It is on my profile to the left though for any of those looking and not sure if that matters or not.

Tara Haller

Old 05-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #73
Uroboros
WELL! I just got a big box of frozen rats from RodentPro.

I was kind of worried when I saw that it was shipped ground to Oregon.

They're here, they look very good, not oderiferous, they don't look freezerburned. They're clean, big rats and they're still frozen.

Dry ice is all gone, though. I was kind of looking forward to playing with dry ice.

I'll do this again when I'm down to my last week's rats.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #74
Bubafat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcial Mendez View Post
From what I can tell, everything about Rodent Pro is great (customer service, automated ordering, etc) EXCEPT the quality of their rodents. I've only ordered from them once, and was truely disgusted.... parts, stench, feces, mis-sized etc.
Wow, I just have a hard time believing this. And if it's true, then why are you blasting them on a forum instead of taking the more appropriate and respectful approach and contacting them directly? I don't think they'd be so popular if they delivered the quality of product you are describing.

Like I said earlier, I had one instance where some rats were mis-sized and they definitely took care of me, refunding the difference. Ever since then, I routinely weigh any rats I think look like they might be mis-sized...every time they've weighed in within their published range.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #75
TommyC
I've been ordering frozen rodents for years myself as well. I've used many different places but have never been sent rotten feeders. That would be dreadfull.

Some feeder suppliers spend a little more time packing and keeping the turds off the rodents and charge more. If that matters to you and you've got the green then go for it.

I drive up and meet the rodent pro guy as I live about an hour away. I've fed off thousands of rodents from them with no issues.

The mouse fuzzies and hoppers seem to overlap too much sometimes but that's my only complaint.

Here's another thumbs up for Rodent Pro.

Tommy Carpenter

Old 05-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #76
Southern Wolf
Ive placed 4 orders with Rodent Pro in the past....normally consisting of between 900-1300 rodents at a time. I will be making my 5th order before the end of June.

I couldnt be happier with Rodent Pro

Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #77
Bryan T
I've spent thousands of dollars with Rodent Pro... their is a reason why they are so popular and so well known in the business..... because they're the best!

I only receive clean, fat, healthy rodents from RP.... their customer service is unmatched and they are very respectful on the phone. I wouldn't buy rodents elsewhere.... my animals such as lipstick sunglow and high dollar ball morphs thrive on their rodents. 2 thumbs up for RP!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #78
TopNotchBoas
RodentPro has great service and pricing however, in my opinion, they do not have a great product. I've ordered many times from them, TheMouseFactory, and once or twice from CajunMice. These orders have been frequent and have spanned over the past 5 years or so. What I've found is that, consistently, rodentpro's rats are covered in urine/feces, contorted, and are not consistently sized. This is not from just one 'bad seed' order I've gotten from them. Its from every order. The range of responses here surprises me.

TheMouseFactory, on the other hand, while pricier but also with great customer service, does have a great product. Their rats are always perfectly clean, very consistent in size, and not contorted. They also never have missing parts and they vacuum pack in much better packaging.

I have only used CajunMice once or twice and would rate their product on par with TMF.

Based upon my experience my recommendation is: If you have the money go with TMF. If you dont, rodentpro will suffice but dont expect a clean/consistent product.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:18 PM   #79
TriangleReptiles
Just got another large order from RodentPro. Everything was excellent. Clean , properly sized, well-packaged and on time. Time from order to delivery was 7 days. I am more than pleased.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:33 PM   #80
SHarrington
I have been ordering from RP for a good while, and have always been 100% satisfied with their product. The rats/mice have always arrived to me clean and on time. Although, I have heard many people testify to the contrary, they have never been out of a product at any time that I have ordered.

Sabrina Harrington

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!