Bad Guy Cider Reptiles and Rodents - Need Input please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
camden09
Cider Reptiles and Rodents - Need Input please

Back in Mar/Apr I sent 2 HUGE 3000+ gram normal females to someone (Chuck Cardell, Cider Reptiles and Rodents, Inc) on a breeder loan. I delivered them and saw them weighed at 3000+ (maxed out digital scale). A couple of weeks ago I got them back and he said they didnt take with the males. I do not have a digital scale. I sold one female to someone (very cheaply). They are saying that the snake weighs under 2200 grams. How could these females lose so much weight when they didnt breed?? The individual who was breeding them would not give them back and then all of the sudden he said they are eating me out of house and home come and get them. I personally think the scumbag bred them and is keeping the offspring. What do you guys think??

Old 10-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Rainbowboaman
Your post is very confusing. Can you clear this up by answering the following?
1) Did you deliver them or ship them as you make it sound like both?
2) Is someone Chuck Cantell or someone that worked for him/them?
3) Who is saying they are under 2200 grams?
4) How well did you know this person to do a breeding loan?
5) Did you not notice the snake lost 1/3 of it's body weight when you picked them up or were they shipped

Old 10-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
camden09
1) Did you deliver them or ship them as you make it sound like both? Delivered them.
2) Is someone Chuck Cantell or someone that worked for him/them? Chuck is the person.
3) Who is saying they are under 2200 grams? The guy I just sold the one female to.
4) How well did you know this person to do a breeding loan? Obviouslt not as well as I thought.
5) Did you not notice the snake lost 1/3 of it's body weight when you picked them up or were they shipped. My son picked them up. I hadnt really worked with them.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
ForkedTung
Did you see this?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...Cider+Reptiles

Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
MikeRusso
Tim, I am sorry about your "possible" situation.. But, the way i see it, you really have no proof of any wrong doing?? Meaning, for all you know he just didn't bother to waste his rodents feeding your animals, and your snakes lost some weight while in his care??

Next time do a better job of protecting yourself by either buying your own male OR don't get yourself involved in breeding loans with people you do not know or trust 100%..

~ Mike Russo

Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRusso View Post
for all you know he just didn't bother to waste his rodents feeding your animals, and your snakes lost some weight while in his care??
I'm sorry, but that's a really scummy thing to do (if in fact that is the reason for weight loss). If the guy took the animals under the pretense he was to properly care for the animals (which we all assumed), they should be fed. It is neglect if the guy failed to feed them.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
ciderinc
My Side of the Story

I met Tim in January 2009, He was looking for a rodent supplier that was local because he had quite a few snakes to feed and didn’t want to pay pet store prices for feeders. When he came over he was a real personable type guy who boasted about a small but somewhat decent collection of Ball Pythons. A few weeks later he invited me over to see his snakes, I was absolutely floored by what I saw.
He had a total of about 9 snakes all 2008 animals; 1.1 Pied, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Ivory, 1.0 Super Pastel, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Pinstripe and 0.2 Normals. His snakes were living in small Tupperware boxes that were set next to a radiator, piled one on top of another in a room that only had that one radiator for heat during the dead of winter. All of the cages were filthy with urites and water, no air holes drilled in any of them. None of them had eaten in weeks because they wouldn’t eat for him, they were very dehydrated. Well a few weeks later he approached me and mentioned that one his snakes had died and asked if I had room for the others, I said yes I would help him out.
I set up quarantine cages for them and told him to bring them on over, I worked with them for about 2 weeks and had all of them eating and doing well for me.
We worked out and agreement (Verbally) that as payment for taking care of the snakes I would breed the two large girls he sent over we would split the litters and I would keep the large females. About a month and a half later he called me and told me that he had sold the two girls and wanted them back, I of course said no, one the girls had developed follicles and they had both been cycling through a couple of my males. At that point I stopped trying to breed them and decided to just wait it out and see if anything developed. After enough time had passed that I was comfortable with letting them go, I contacted Tim to make arrangements, I weighed them out and they were both well over 3000 grams, he picked them both up on 8/15/09, and I washed my hands of this guy, he not someone that I would ever sell to or buy from.
There are several inconsistencies with him, but that is the way he operates, first he never saw me weigh those girls when I received them, he just dropped all the snakes off in the Tupperware they were living in at the time.

He has had these animals for over 6 weeks now……..

I would be willing to bet he has turned back to his old ways of doing things, just a Tupperware, probably kept them both in the same one under a bed somewhere.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
ciderinc
To Answer a couple of questions

1) This was an in person situation, no shipping was involved.

2) I fed and properly cared for all of the snakes on the same cycle as my own.

I'd be happy to clear anything up or answer any questions anyone may have.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
ciderinc
One More

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
I believe this is Tim as well in an attempt strike at me for forcing him to somewhat hold up his end of the bargan.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciderinc View Post
I believe this is Tim as well in an attempt strike at me for forcing him to somewhat hold up his end of the bargan.
Funny you should say that.....
Quote:
•camden09 96.61.106.116 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
•cmhiltonhead 96.61.106.116 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
I'm interested in seeing Tim's response to this

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!