Scorpion Help!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:44 AM   #1
chain smoker
Unhappy Scorpion Help!!!!

i have had an emperor scorpion for a while and just got two more today. since i introduced them, one of them has been shaking alot, mostly when it walks. i was wondering if maybe he was stung. if you know please write me!!!!!!!!!

chain_smkr13@yahoo.com

Old 12-15-2006, 05:04 AM   #2
DAND
Is it walking with it's tail curled over it's back? What kind of shaking are you talking about?

Old 12-15-2006, 05:29 AM   #3
chain smoker
it walks a little ways, then stops and jolts its body forward a little bit a couple times, and starts walking again. it moves its tail to both curled up and laying out, but it usually moved its tail around alot anyways. he isn't shaking as much anymore, but he is walking slower than normal.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
Schlyne
This sounds like more of a communication movement to me. It looks weird, since they kind of "stop and vibrate", and I have no idea what exactly they're communicating, but that's what it is.

Btw, I wouldn't ask this if it wasn't for your username, but you don't smoke around the scorps, right? Nicotine is a fairly potent insecticide.

Old 12-16-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
chain smoker
thanks for the advice. he stopped shaking and they all seem to be getting along fine now. and thank you for the concern;don't worry though, i don't smoke in my house.

mark

Old 12-16-2006, 07:31 PM   #6
dragonflymdd
sounds like some sort of dominance communication, or maybe its a male courting a new female??? Dont be surprised if one of them ends up with 10,000 little scorpions on its back....

Old 12-23-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
John Apple
Most likely a communication or courtship thing,,,put your scorps in a clear deli cup and look at them ventrally, there are a set of appendages called pectines [look like little combs] The males will have rather big ones compared to the females, almost twice the size. There are other secondary characteristics that determine sex but the pectines are a definite. Emps are a communal specie but I have seen two males do a combat before without any severe repercussions. Also males do make a funny sort of 'dance' when putting down the sperm plug for the female to pick up

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!