LEARNED A SAD & COSTLY LESSON ABOUT BEARDED DRAGONS! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #11
GREGORY J HALL
DOING GREAT BUT IF I GET A FEMALE ITS GOING TO BE THE SAME SIZE FOR SURE & THEN HOUSED SEPERATELY

Old 02-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #12
bullfrog100000
So Sorry to hear your news. Very sad. Hope things will go smoothly for all of you from now on. Good luck

Old 03-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
lizardlover2007
Hi ive just joined from the UK
so sorry to hear your sad news. I must confess i have 2 living together and we are still not to sure what sex they are. but they have been together since only a few months old and seem to be hapyp together but i do know that as they get older we coudl have problems. I laso have an adult male who can see these juvies and wow does he go mad.
It must have been very hard for you and your children. I have often heard people say " oh inthe wild etc" but we keep them in what you might call relativly small cages to their natrual habitat and if they dont get on the can only run and hide so far.
But hey dont beat yourself up about it - he was probably waiting for you to leave them alone as they seem to be very clever critters

Best of luck with the other one

Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #14
Omnomnami
When I was getting in to bearded dragons a few years ago my boyfriend thought he'd surprise me and buy a nice hypo and trans pair from blood bank dragons without me knowing...he wasn't very educated on dragons at all. He had them shipped to our house and they arrived very early so he started to set up their viv while I was asleep.

He put them in the tank with my big normal male while he set up their viv...the babies were only 4 inches long compared to my foot long+ male. They were quickly eaten by the bigger male. I'm glad I wasn't there to see it, my boyfriend learned a HUGE lesson and from there on out he did his research and now he thinks he's an expert. Haha.

I suggest doing a bunch of research on dragons before keeping the one you have left, they deserve the best they can get and a well educated owner.

Good luck, if you have any questions please be sure to ask.

-Nichole

Old 12-24-2009, 02:40 AM   #15
westcoastdragons
Please excuse the blunt reality of my statement but:
A; you have admitted this was your own “stupid fault”
B: you purchased dragons without any research or knowledge of their needs or requirements
C: went against advice to keep them together.
Now one is dead and it’s a surprise?
So…. what is the point of your post other than to “share” “your loss”?
Your ignorance killed the dragon and you want what? Sympathy?
No animal is or should be a “toy” I have no sympathy for you, or anyone else who causes death through ignorance or for there own selfish reasons especially when the answers are so easily attained.

Walk away and hopefully no other animals will suffer.
"let me know if you need any help" indeed.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #16
Omnomnami
And Greg, I honestly hope you're not going to look for a female to go with this male if you don't want any more injuries...Dragons can be very violent breeders and even in the smallest cases there are casualties. Missing scales, missing spikes, bleeding, stress, etc.

There are some very nice males and some that will rip their mates apart. They will attempt to get their ladies in position by hopping on their back, grabbing a big chunk of the females neck and sometimes they'll even turn their heads from side to side to get the female to submit and stay still.

Your male seems like a very aggressive boy. I suggest that if you DO want to breed him, only introduce the female after they've seen each other from a distance and watch them when they're together. DO NOT leave them alone. If he seems to always try to act in a violent manner, DO NOT risk breeding him.

I hope this helps and I hope you're doing your research.

-Nichole

Old 12-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #17
Rockinar Dragonz
Greg...

I appreciate that you posted your tough lesson here. Hopefully, others who do not know any better will read and learn. It could perhaps save another dragon's life one day.

Melanie

Old 01-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #18
hosty
you fail

Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #19
Alex G
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosty View Post
you fail
And you're an ass.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #20
hosty
Comeon, the op was ignorant enough to not do simple research about housing beardies together. Than he posts on a forum which would of provided him ample information about beardies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!