need a little help checking current prices on female pastels - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
need a little help checking current prices on female pastels

Hi all! I know I've not been around in a long time. The farm keeps me busy, and then I fell so far behind last year when I broke my hip it's amazing to me I was able to keep the snakes and rats alive never mind trying to do anything more than basic maintenance! I’m trying to get my act back together though~ and maybe I'll produce some babies this year after all....we'll see!!

Mean while I've got a big female pastel in my racks that belongs to a friend. I was supposed to breed her last year.....but the broken hip, seven weeks in a wheel chair, all the chaos...I think a male got put with her a couple times but I'm not sure that actually happened~ what I'm sure of is she has never laid any eggs (I'm gonna probe and double check her sex when I can get some help holding her later). She is HUGE and ready to go. I thought about buying her from my friend and trying her again this year....but when I started looking for average prices. ...WOW! REALLY? Are big female pastels really going for $700 or $800??? Are they really selling that high or is that what people are asking? I figure y'all hit the classifieds pretty much everyday like I used to do~ you probably have a pretty good idea what big female pastels are actually selling for. If they really are selling that high...well then I'm sure you'll be seeing me advertise that pastel for my friend next week but if they are not going that high...well then I wouldn't mind buying her and keeping her in my collection.

I AM NOT OFFERING TO SELL HER now so please don't "make an offer" she is not even my snake. She is my friends snake who happens to have been in my possession all her life (I actually produced her, she never went home with my friend and has been in my racks all this time). Nothing really special about her~ just a reasonably nice 07 female pastel 2400 grams last weight check, no hets of any kind

What do you think?
Please PM me if you have numbers that pertain to a specific situation and may cause current or recent sellers/buyers to be perturbed.
Thanks!

Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
mizztaztic7
I've seen them that high for sure. Breeding sized pastel females can go anywhere from $600-1000+ sometimes

Old 01-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
mgoblue347
That seems like a normal price for that size. Post a picture of her. If she isn't an exceptional pastel you could probably find one in the classifieds above 1500g for that price.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
She's in shed, and I'm not actually trying to sell her. I need to speak with her owner before I know if she will be for sale later. I'm trying to decide wether to make an offer for her myself or to offer to help sell her. Her owner has lost interest in BPs which is why she never went home with her. It would be easy to low ball a price and keep her....but I won't take advantage of her owner that way.

So~ really? $600 to $1000? I was thinking that had to be a mistake. Wow I am just amazed! I had guessed her value to be a couple hundred and had been thinking to offer a hundred. (her current owner got her in exchange for some work, no money exchanged and the snake never left my care so I've done all the feeding and care) But clearly my guess at her value was WAY off.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
mizztaztic7
Yeah, even breeder sized normal females will go around $200-250

Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
really?
Where?
I just sold 3 of them that (possible hets that failed to prove) for $50 each. I didn't even bother to ask for more than that cuz a couple years ago you could hardly get $100 each for normal females. Have things changed that much in the year I haven't been paying attention? Are you talking asking price or what people are actually paying for normal females?

Old 01-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
mgoblue347
For a big normal female over $100 is standard. Go to kingsnake.com or the classifieds on here and check out the prices

Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I am right now. I found one ad for adult females at $100 each, one ad for adult female at $45, one ad for female at $150 each or 3 for $300 (thats $100 each). The two selling at $100 each I recognized as long time keepers/sellers so not fly by night operations.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
roro8633
Since you have cared for the animal it's entire life, i think that a $200 offer is really fair. All the cleaning and feeding that you have done for almost 5 years makes up for the rest.

Ronnie

Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I guess I need to start cruising the classifieds again so I can get a handle on what current prices are. I appreciate the help fellas. Obviously I'm going to have to spend some time sitting at the computer again (hate to cruise the classifieds....afraid I'll find something I'll decide I have to have! LOL!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!