450 Million Hollow Points Ordered - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
Docglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
And I agree, I tended to practice with the ammunition I would be shooting. But I'm not buying 450 million of them where the price difference would become a substantial amount of money.

It's the government cost doesn't matter. It's your money that is buying their ammo!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #32
Focal
This sounds like a Use it or Lose it deal. Every part of the government that receives funding during a fiscal year, will approach their deadline and will face a position of spending every bit of leftovers or they will lose it the following year. If there is $500k left in funds, they will buy anything to spend that amount or they may not receive that $500k leftover next year. I've seen this a lot and have even been told to spend it. Whether its new laptops, electronics, supplies or even ammunition?

Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #33
Mooing Tricycle
Wow Nick... No wonder our taxes never go down. Lots of towns do this too, its kind of lame.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #34
Metachrosis
Add another 200 Million rounds to the tab

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchase...of-ammunition/

Old 09-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #35
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Wow Nick... No wonder our taxes never go down. Lots of towns do this too, its kind of lame.

Yup. I think it's called "spend down."

Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
Metachrosis
add another 200,000 rounds to the list

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-buys-200...of-ammunition/

Old 01-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #37
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
add another 200,000 rounds to the list

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-buys-200...of-ammunition/
No offense, but that article reeks of ignorance. I actually work with the MLEA for the USCG. There is no "stock piling" going on at this facility. Many, many LEO's are trained at this facility annually and yes, they go through a large amount of rounds. If we are to be protected by LEO's, should they not be properly trained with firearms? Lets say 400 cadets graduated this year, that would 500 rounds per person, not counting any of the instructors or their need to practice. These guys must qualify to carry a firearm and how else can they do this without going to the range?

Old 01-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #38
Focal
Quote:
The bullets are to be delivered to a training site in North Charleston, South Carolina, which “specializes in Maritime Law Enforcement and Port Security Training. Basic and advanced training programs are conducted in concert with the U.S. Coast Guard Maritime Law Enforcement Academy, the U.S. Courts Probation and Pretrial Services Training Academy, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Training Academy, the Customs and Border Protection Field Operations Academy, and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.”
Honestly, does this sound like a facility that would benefit from "stockpiling" a measily 200K? They keep mentioning training. What do you think they are training on? Call of Duty?

I can understand certain questions being asked, but this one makes no sense. The article continues to repeat that the governement is stockpiling, but each branch is funded seperately and all orders are routed through a supply department. I bet you a million dollars the president isn't whispering in the ears of the bottom feeders that pull the numbers required to supply the field.

Take a minute to do the math, 200000 rounds for $45000, right? That's about 4.5 rounds PER DOLLAR. There are several firearm owners right in this thread. Can any of you get rounds this cheap? The governement usually pays more than the public on everything they buy. Should they just start buying rounds by the box? I'm sure that would stretch our tax dollars.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #39
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well the question I have in mind is WHY in the world SSA would have any NEED to have armed special agents?

And I agree, I tended to practice with the ammunition I would be shooting. But I'm not buying 450 million of them where the price difference would become a substantial amount of money.
Sorry, I missed this question.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-does-socia...070710918.html

Edit: Never mind, just realized it was answered above. But yes, they carry out search warrants, arrests, and investigations.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #40
Metachrosis
Five for You and Five for Me

http://lionsofliberty.com/2013/02/07...-per-american/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!