Odd new error message when opening the site. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #1
Fangthane
Odd new error message when opening the site.

I tried to get on the site a little while ago, and was greeted with an error message stating my IP address had been banned. It lasted a good 15 minutes or so before finally letting me in. Anyone else seen this?
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
WebSlave
The IP address in question was banned because another member had been using it (and it appeared to be a static IP) to register multiple times to bypass a ban. Apparently IP blocks are freely traded and exchanged, so even though this one was banned just back in December, it has changed ownership and now appears to be part of a dynamically allocated block of IPs assigned to Sprint.

Sorry about that. IPs aren't as helpful as they used to be in managing this site.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:50 PM   #3
Fangthane
I couldn't remember doing anything particularly ban-worthy lately, so I suspected it was either a random glitch, or my phone just happened to be on an IP address that someone else had used to do something naughty.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 PM   #4
WebSlave
Yes, it does happen that way sometimes. Which is why every now and again I have to go in and clear the entire list of banned IP addresses and start over. Just because an IP points to Texas today doesn't mean that it did last year.

And gee, I just can't wait until the IPv6 migration forces chaos on sites running older software that doesn't recognize that format.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!