Any thoughts? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
addicted
Any thoughts?

I needed my rainbows cage for my new hybrid so i moved her last Thursday to another cage.She has been soaking ever since the move,no matter how many times i move her she just goes right back in.Temps are good and she does not appear to be in shed at the moment.She has never been a soaker and I'm not coming up with any reasons why she is acting like this,Any thoughts on this?

Old 06-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #2
liquidleaf
are there enough hides in the new cage? Is the humidity high enough? If the humidity is for sure high enough, and there are plenty of other hides, try a smaller water bowl that she can't fit in. She might feel secure in the new cage in her "hide" of a dish. She probably is just stressed at the move.

How different is the 'new' cage from her old one?

Old 06-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
addicted
The hides are the same exact ones from her old cage,one at each end.

She was in a vision 322=36"W x 23"D x 21"H,she is now in an aquarium with a custom wood top that measures 4 feet long and 1 1/2 deep.Not an ideal cage but with the top it easily holds heat and humidity very well.

I was thinking of a smaller water bowl too until she settles down a little.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Is the top all wood or half wood and have screen?
What is the humidity reading?
As far as BRB's go you really don't have much to worry about with soaking. They are extremely resistant to the problems associated with constantly soaking in other snakes.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
addicted
The top is all wood with one side having a hole cut to hold a dome fixture with a CHE,the other side has holes drilled for cross ventilation.The humidity hovers around 75%,she has perfect sheds every time.

I'm not really worried about her just curious as to why she would soak for a week,she's never been a big soaker.I'm going to try some tighter hides and see what she does.

One thing i forgot to mention was she went from eco earth to outdoor carpet,she did like to burrow so that might have something to do with it.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
Biscuit71
I would probably go with the fact that she is stressed a little, and sees it as a means of "escape" so to speak. If nothing has really changed except for the cage itself, and temps and hides and humidity are the same, I would imagine it is as simple as an issue of security for her. I wouldn't worry until there is a reason to worry.... if that makes sense.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
addicted
Thanks for the replys,I'm sure she will come back to normal.This isn't the arboreal section but when i get my camera from work tomorrow I'll throw up a pic of the corallus hybrid that went in her old cage.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
addicted
This is the guy that went in her old cage,He is a Caninus/Hortulanus hybrid.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #9
addicted
Well two of the pics were too large to post here so i accidentally posted two of the same.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!