What freedom? Kids today - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
Miss Tuniwha
WOW.. just WOW!!! Seriously.. they are punishing the kids that aren't miscreants.. WTF..

that basketball one ticked me off to watch.. as he pointed out, she bold faced lied to him..

now all those local kids can make some meth.. lol.. since that doesn't seem to be as big of a concern for them there.. too busy busting those nasty girl scouts..

lol.. just sad.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:40 AM   #12
Dennis Hultman
And again.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #13
Dennis Hultman
June 17, 2011 - A kids lemonade stand was shut down and fined $500 by Montgomery County officials. WUSA reports.

Kids raising money for cancer. Up yours Bethesda, Maryland

Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 AM   #14
Dennis Hultman

Old 08-14-2011, 02:02 AM   #15
Dennis Hultman
11 Year-Old Girl Sent to Criminal Court for Wearing Too Much Perfume in Class, $150 Fine!

Criminal tickets for bad behavior in school for children as young as six.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #16
Ntyvirus
How big of a douche do you need to be to be the cop to shut down a lemonade stand. That and you would think if anything that guys basketball hoop would be grandfathered in if it violated some clause since he said it had been there 60 years.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #17
rcarichter
In parts of my fine city, there are far more people selling crack than lemonade. Everyone knows exactly where they are. Maybe some of these lemonade-cops could wander down there and slap a fine on them. Of course, the 10 year old girls aren't carrying guns, and the crack dealers won't offer the cops a cool, refreshing beverage.
I must add that, in general, I respect any man/woman who makes their living protecting others. There are just a few on the fringe...

Noelle

Old 08-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #18
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
“We had told them, we understand you guys are young, but still, you’re breaking the law, and we can’t let you do it anymore,” Midway Police Chief Kelly Morningstar explained. “The law is the law, and we have to be consistent with how we enforce the laws.”

The girls needed a business license, peddler's permit and food permit to operate, even on residential property. The permits cost $50 a day or $180 per year.

How about you use a little common sense, Chief!

Quote:
Police ramp up on their nationwide crackdown of illegal lemonade stand enterprising. 'We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with,' says police chief in Midway, Ga.
Quote:
KELLI MORNINGSTAR

Chief of Police

10490 E. Oglethope Highway

Midway, Georgia 31320

Phone: (912) 880.1000

Give the Chief a call Let her know how you feel.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #19
Wolfy-hound
While I can understand why there's inspections on food products... it's a way overboard to shut down lemonade stands. I mean.. I understand the legality of "What if someone gets sick off the lemonade?" but it's just stupid.

It's not the cops... it's going to be the offices telling the individual cops to shut down any lemonade stands. When they get told by the higher ups, "Hey, we can't have these kids selling homemade food products", then they have to do what they're told.

But it's ridiculous and the officials need to practice some common sense with this. Around here, for a while they were shutting down EVERY BBQ stand, unless they had the whole legal permits, inspections, etc etc. That didn't last too long, and now the BBQ stands are all back, none inspected, none permitted. People understand around here... if you buy a BBQ chicken and it's bad and you get sick... you don't go back there and you tell all your friends and the BBQ stand goes out of business.

Speaking of officials ripping off the public... I just tried to get my overpayment to my morgage company back from the "Unclaimed Funds of the State of Florida". The morgage company screwed me over by sending the funds to the state, even though I was sending them all the ridiculous amount of paperwork they asked for. Once I started dealing with the State, they were oh-so-reasonable, just sending me paperwork and lists of stuff to send to them. Once I'd done all they asked... they sent me MORE paperwork, saying that now I have to get the three sons of my late husband to sign the paperwork, because THEY get half of the money! I called and explained this money was overpaid AFTER my husband died... the boys didn't pay it, they didn't live here... etc etc. The house is now in MY name... after the state gave(when my husband died) half interest in it to the boys.... who again, did not live here, didn't pay for any of it. So now... I can either jump through all the hoops, giving the boys half the overpayment... for the State to tell me I now need to do a bunch MORE paperwork and such, giving me less of the money that *I* overpaid in the first place! I finally told them it was obvious they have NO intention of paying me MY money back, and that they can kiss my butt, I'm not doing a single bit more work for nothing.

The State is out to screw you over. It's not just the Feds, it's the State too. It's crazy. Anyone who TRIES to better their situation(opening a business, even if it's just a lemonade stand or BBQ) gets punished by strict regulations, permitting systems that are impossible to get through and taxes that mean you'd make little to nothing when all is said and done. It's so much easier to just go work for someone else, collect a pittance of a paycheck and sit at home like a sheep. This country is FORCING the people to become sheep.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #20
Dennis Hultman
OK, so this next video isn't kids but activists making a point about how absurd some of these laws are. So they decided to have a lemonade stand.

They picked the Capitol grounds and knew they would eventually be arrested.

But I really think the most interesting part of this video comes after the arrests and the interview with the police officer.

The officer stated its not his fault, blame the lawmakers. He just enforces the law. If segregation was in place (even with being a black police officer ) he would enforce that law. That it is his job.

This is really lost on me how anyone can state such a thing. Every Oath of office that I can think of for law enforcement is preempted in the Oath itself that they will uphold the Constitution. That is then followed by upholding the laws of the state.

I'm not stating that this situation is on that same field but I do think a lack of common sense is missing. If law enforcement will blindly follow any law such as human rights violations because it is their job, I don't have high hopes that many would uphold the Constitution over any order or new law that might threaten those rights. That part I find troubling.

Anyway, the activists were asking to be arrested. It should come as no surprise that they were. I think though it should also highlight the absurd laws and what the children in the early videos have experienced.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!