Inquiry Jungle Bob's Reptile World - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #21
Vukmir13
I just conducted a transaction with Tyler from Jungle Bobs and am very pleased with how professionally and easily it was completed. First off, their store is beautiful, clean, and display all their animals adequately. They're also a friendly, knowledgable, and passionate staff so asking any questions will get you solid information. They are an asset to the hobby and everyone should have the pleasure of doing business with them. I would highly recommend Jungle Bob's for anything herp/amphibious related. Thank you, Manny

Old 12-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #22
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew1234 View Post
See, they lost my business a few years back for reasons involving feeders. The first time, I'll take some blame, as I should have been more persistent. They had placed all of the rats I ordered in the same box, needless to say, the medium rats partially ate all the pups, weans, etx. Upon returning, I got the sorry nothing we can do, even though I was back less than an hour later. Second issue was opening a box of rats on a seperately occasion to find them covered in black mites. About 4 months ago, I was in a jam on getting feeder insects, and went there as a one off deal. The shop stunk of death, nearly every exhibit was cohabitated, including 6 species of python in one enclosure. Top that off with a 2 foot water dragon in a 12x12x18. I didn't buy insects. Last issue was at a local show in October, one of their employees in an attempt to sell crested geckos told a group of people around their table males don't fight and you can keep at least a half dozen adults in a 10 gallon tank. Now, all of these issues happened when the owner, bob was not around. I know bob is a good guy, and maybe when he's there things are different. But I personally would use caution in purchasing anything from them. I had no issues shopping at the store through two previous owners, although that is irrevalant.
Something a little strange here, your description of the store (stunk of death etc) is at odds with everybody elses?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:51 PM   #23
The Magic maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
I might also respectfully argue your point, Christian, since those pet shops that house and sell snakes and other herps also use those very same feeders to feed their own stock.

Therefore, it is in that pet shop's best interest to keep those feeders clean and healthy in order to keep their own "for sale" stock clean and healthy.

Do you really think they would stock and sell feeders and not use those very same rats, mice, rabbits, crickets, worms, or whatever, not to substain their own in-house animals?
I do agree on what you are saying. However when I worked in Petland the store did not produce the feeders except on occasion when the manager suggest we gas and freeze a litter of mice. But most of the live feeders like worms, crickets, roaches etc did not come to the store in great condition. So most stores like that don't produce their own feeders. However since Jungle Bob's specializes in reptiles they might produce their own feeders so I can't say that they have terrible feeders.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:39 PM   #24
tylersmith
FALSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew1234 View Post
See, they lost my business a few years back for reasons involving feeders. The first time, I'll take some blame, as I should have been more persistent. They had placed all of the rats I ordered in the same box, needless to say, the medium rats partially ate all the pups, weans, etx. Upon returning, I got the sorry nothing we can do, even though I was back less than an hour later. Second issue was opening a box of rats on a seperately occasion to find them covered in black mites. About 4 months ago, I was in a jam on getting feeder insects, and went there as a one off deal. The shop stunk of death, nearly every exhibit was cohabitated, including 6 species of python in one enclosure. Top that off with a 2 foot water dragon in a 12x12x18. I didn't buy insects. Last issue was at a local show in October, one of their employees in an attempt to sell crested geckos told a group of people around their table males don't fight and you can keep at least a half dozen adults in a 10 gallon tank. Now, all of these issues happened when the owner, bob was not around. I know bob is a good guy, and maybe when he's there things are different. But I personally would use caution in purchasing anything from them. I had no issues shopping at the store through two previous owners, although that is irrevalant.
I realize i'm a bit late to this thread, but i don't log on here very often. My name is Tyler Smith, and i'm from Jungle Bob's. he is actually my father. I don't know who you are Mike Walsh, but you should stop spreading lies online. To stop myself from ranting and saying something i regret, i'll make a list...

-if your rats cannibalized each other, we would have been happy to replace them in a timely manner. We are very understanding here.

-we do not breed our own rodents, and they have NEVER had mites.

-we have never kept "6 species of pythons" in the same enclosure. Maybe a few ball pythons together, but never 6.

-There has never been a "2ft" water dragon in a 12x12x18" terrarium. Perhaps a baby, but even that is unlikely.

-At the long island show, i don't know who you heard say you can keep that many crested geckos together, but nobody from my store would have told anyone that.

Bottom line is, this Mike Walsh fella didn't get whatever it is he wanted, and like many others, he takes his complaints and straight up LIES to the internet to try to soil our good name in the business. You're way off Mike. Sorry about the rats, but maybe call up next time instead of lying online.

As for the OP, We'd be glad to have you as a customer and help you with anything you need!

Thanks to Greg, Manny, and everyone else that backed us up!

-Tyler

Old 08-17-2016, 05:41 PM   #25
tylersmith
Thanks Greg!

Old 08-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #26
Gastro3003
I have done Many transactions with Tyler... Buying AND selling ...and the shop and Tyler are top rate..

Store is Very clean and never saw any housing issues...

Old 08-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #27
Greg Valente
No need for a thank you if your good your good and if you suck I will tell you no need for bs but again I have no complaints about the store or service really if your looking for a new reptile or even a $1 worth of crickets you can't go wrong going to jungle bobs store oh and also dry goods they got tons of cool stuff until the next visit happy helping all

Old 09-20-2018, 12:55 PM   #28
Mattroe
Beware jungle bobs

I recently purchased two female Hog Island boa babies from jungle Bob's. I let them know they were wanted for breeding stock and they told me they were high quality pure hog Islands. first off when the snakes arrived one head a tail Kink which I was not told about before I purchase these snakes. I'd continue to keep them and keep them in quarantine isolated from other snakes. Thank God I did cuz these two hog island babies are completely infested with mites. I am a clean freak about my snakes and have never had to deal with mites before this is new to me it took me a couple weeks to notice it because I've never seen mites before. one will not eat and I have been assist feeding it and I can only imagine it is because of the Mite infestation. I'm not saying all their snakes have mites all I'm saying is be aware before buying from them. this is the last thing I wanted was to have to worry about a Mite infestation in my house let alone selling snakes with kinked tails without letting the customer know ahead of time

Old 09-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #29
215 hots
I've purchased from them twice. Some lampropeltis triangulum stuff. Always professional animals arrived no problems and in good health. I went back so that tells you something

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!