Lump under skin just above cloaca - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
Mec23
Lump under skin just above cloaca

My son and I picked up an adult albino milk snake of unknown origins at a show recently and she's developed a lump just above her cloaca on one side. It hasn't effected her eating habits at all, she's as alert and active as any other milk snake I've owned, and it's had no effect on her passing anything. It's soft to the touch and doesn't seem to bother her if pressed although only touching it lightly. I'm assuming it's some kind of infection but I'm not sure ? I was keeping her on Aspen but after seeing this I moved her to a rack with paper towel that's being cleaned and disinfected every other day. I won't be able to take her to a vet till next week but I wanted to see if anyone has any idea ? I've never seen this before in all my years of keeping snakes I've been pretty lucky and haven't really had any health issues. It's difficult to get a good pic of but you get the idea..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Old 12-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
Donald C
Could be a cyst, some sort of infection, or a form of cancer. Really, the only definitive answer would be a biopsy of it, which is probably what the vet will do.

I had to put an animal down a few years back where a cancerous mass grew around the cloaca area.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
Helenthereef
I agree it looks like a cyst or something similar. How quickly did it develop?
I'd be heading for a vet ASAP, but if you can't and if you are medically competent, you could try aspirating with a sterile syringe needle - it could be blood or pus-filled.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!