Names - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #1
A_Kendergirl
Names

Anybody else have a hard time naming their geckos? I've just spend the last hour coming up for 3 names for my new geckos that will be joining my family. It took 15 - 20 mins to come up with the name for the girl I'm getting from Robert Olsen. It seems like all the cool names are taken, and are often repeated by several breeders. Coming up with something unique is nearly impossible. So, I just choose names I thought were fitting!

Heehee...this is also just an excuse to talk some more about my babies!

The names I chose are:

Amber - She's the one from Robert...

Brimstone - I'm getting him from Kelli. OK to post a pic Kelli??

Garnet - The spotty one from Blazin. OK to post a pic of these girls Chad?
Tigerlily - The girl with a bold dorsal stripe.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
having children sometimes helps with names but you get some really weird ones, today Matthew at Select Gex sent me some updated pics of my bell x pattys and my 5 year old was in here watching and wants to name them Lava Girl and Shark Boy lololol

Sounds like you picked great names and can't wait to se the other pics!

Old 06-18-2005, 10:06 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
what's in a name?

Quote:
having children sometimes helps with names but you get some really weird ones
My grandkids started the tradition on naming all of my geckos with "L" names, so if you think it's hard coming up with names in general, try limiting them to one letter! LOL! Anyway, I like the names you came up with!

Old 06-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #4
RioLeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
having children sometimes helps with names but you get some really weird ones,
My boys named our geckos. The albino's name is Nigel and the other is Speedy. Cute gecko, btw!

Old 06-18-2005, 11:04 PM   #5
montezuma
I just look at mine and the 1st name that pops into my head is generally the best. The other night I named a male SHTCT Argyle.... he currently has 4 diamonds on his back that make him look like an argyle sweater!

Old 06-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #6
geckomom
Lightbulb

yes i agree finding a name for little ones is a job in it self....but i have a great system....i just think of a movie that i liked with animals in it and go from there ......the movie Babe....so i named my first leo babe....and now our 2nd one is Charlotte....from charlotte's web...i hope this helps.

Old 06-18-2005, 11:12 PM   #7
A_Kendergirl
lol...the problem is, I don't have a name just pop into my head. I have to hunt and think, until one sounds like it fits.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:18 AM   #8
Manhattan Herps
all of mine are named after people..LOL, mythical or living..

Old 06-19-2005, 01:41 AM   #9
DiabloBoa
i suck at names. havent been able to name a single one of my leos (i think i try too hard to come up with a good one and end up hitting a wall)
Chad (diablohogs) has named every gecko i have that has a name.ive had my pa for a long time and still havent come up with one for her. out of all my boas i only named one-Big Momma.
nice patternless albino, maybe u could name mine.

Old 06-19-2005, 03:10 AM   #10
montezuma
I actually named a leo after Def Leppard. His name was Def Leopard Gecko or Def for short!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!