Confused on how this forum.site works......questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-08-2005, 01:16 PM   #1
Hoppy
Confused on how this forum.site works......questions

Ok I am trying to figure this place out, but not having much luck with it all LOL. I am trying to figure out what these things mean and where in this site can I find the explination to it?
1) Reputation Points? didn't know I had a rep let alone 113 points in one?
2) Trading points, what does that mean?
3) why can I post in some forums but not others? I went to the BOI and saw that a bunch of folks posted really nice things about me (thank you to them) but when I tried to post thanks for their kind words it said I was not permitted?
4) Signature? I am trying to find where I can place a signature, so I do not have to write the code at the end of each post. Any Ideas where to set that up, I have been through the profile screens, the option screens and I see where it is listed just not how I get to it LOL.
I guess I am not as computer savy as I thought.
Any guidence would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hoppy
Hopfa1@aol.com
<A HREF = "http://hometown.aol.com/hopfam1/HopkinsHolesaleHerps.html">Hopkins Holesale Herps</A>

Old 06-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy
Ok I am trying to figure this place out, but not having much luck with it all LOL. I am trying to figure out what these things mean and where in this site can I find the explination to it?
1) Reputation Points? didn't know I had a rep let alone 113 points in one?
2) Trading points, what does that mean?
3) why can I post in some forums but not others? I went to the BOI and saw that a bunch of folks posted really nice things about me (thank you to them) but when I tried to post thanks for their kind words it said I was not permitted?
4) Signature? I am trying to find where I can place a signature, so I do not have to write the code at the end of each post. Any Ideas where to set that up, I have been through the profile screens, the option screens and I see where it is listed just not how I get to it LOL.
I guess I am not as computer savy as I thought.
Any guidence would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hoppy
Hopfa1@aol.com
<A HREF = "http://hometown.aol.com/hopfam1/HopkinsHolesaleHerps.html">Hopkins Holesale Herps</A>
Hoppy,

Posting on the BOI is limited to "verified" (ie paid) members of the site. It costs as little as $10/year to be verified. Having a "signature line" is also restricted to paying members through the "User Control Panel". A desciption of the different membership levels and their benefits can be seen at http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541.

For a description of the Reputation Point and Reputation Power system, read http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=58415. Simply put, one's reputation power determines how much effect one's "opinion" of a post is "worth". If someone has a repuation power of 50, then a postive opinion left of a post nets the person 50 reputation points. A negative opinion would result in half that amount, or 25 points, being deducted from the other person's total. Everyone starts with 10 reputation points. You have 113 because someone (me) gave you 103 for a good post (when my repuation power was 103 a few days ago). Your reputation power stays at 0 until you have 100 posts or if your reputation points are in the red. After that your reputation power increases with time, with every 100 posts, and with every 100 repuation points that you acquire.

Trader Rating points come from others with whom you have done business and can be accessed by clicking on the number of your rating.

I hope that this helps.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
Hoppy
Oh, I will look into the information that yuou provided, and thanks for the points, I will read and find out what they mean LOL. But I am guessing that the higher the number the better the reputation? I will read more and send in my fee to get access to the signature line, If nothing else the $10.00 is worth not having to write code for each post LOL.
Thanks again Jim
Hoppy

Old 06-09-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
Hoppy
I'm all hooked up now......more

Jim, Thanks for the info, I think I am all hooked up now, even took at a Text add (top of page yellow spot) that rotates around the site. Got my signature line down and all should be good. The odd thing is, I don't have any babies born or hatched out yet to sell from the advertising, just a few odds and ends with some corn snakes that I am clearing out to make room for the up coming onslought, but I wanted to see what kind of activity the text ad might generate, and besides I like to see the counter on my website go up LOL. Silly I know, but dang it I put a lot of time and information into that site and hope that people will use it!
Thanks for the heads up on the right direction to go

Old 06-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
kiote9
I really like your website Jim! It has great information and beautiful snakes pictured! I can't wait till your babies are born to see how they come out!

I'm hoping to get my rescue ball pythons eating and moved out to good homes so that I'll have room to add some boas. Right now I have 1.2 normal BCI and 1.0 black bellied BCC. Hoping to add a couple of het for albinos and an anery or two in the near future.....

Posting your web address in your signature was a great move, IMO. I check out all the sites listed that way!

Old 06-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #6
Hoppy
Hi Shelly,
Thanks for the kind words on the web site. It seems that each time I get injured at work I add to and add to it. I'm curious to see how much more I can add before AOL cuts me off LOL, I guess by going by their information I can use up to 140 MB and I don't even think I have used a full 20 yet so it will keep growing.
Thanks again

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!