Witblits dragons - true patternless beardies - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
first off i was not directing my comment specifically at you though it seems you took it as such. I was making a broad statement. And your weight reference for a single dragon that bloodbank had is just my point. That is what the only one you have heard of that big. Years ago the average was 450-500grams and 20+ inches and it has slowly went further and further down to where now many people have full grown "healthy" adults that are 16 inches and in the 300 gram range. I do not think I have seen a single trans break into the 20" range as of yet and that is due to the translucent gene (just as this witblit/silverback gene and the leather gene) are actual genetic deformities that breeders have decided to purposely keep alive for reproduction cause it will make them a few extra bux. You know that as well as I do. Nature would not allow animals such as this to live, natural selection would kill them off soon after hatching because they are genetically inferior. Your post was in no way a flame it just shows your difference of opinion. Goes back to a PM you and me exchanged where I said I never plan to breed trans or leathers and you said that you have to stay with the times. I personally think there will always be a place for large bodied nicely colored "normals" as they are called and the miniturized "designer morphs" will be the ones the eventually go back to taking the back burner.
Why would i not think you were directing towards me? you said.

"The only people that see a low color dragon or "normal" dragon and think it is ugly are people that are only breeding for money."

I was the one to call them ugly no one else. so thats exactly why i took it the way i did. i also breed "high end bearded dragons" you said high end dragon breeders only do it cause they see dollar signs. I among others dont see dollar signs cause if we did we wouldnt sell the animal for just under half of market value. *** when i say market value i mean what the big time breeders market there high end animals for.*** trying to clarify market value. its not like theres a book or something.

An personally I think it depends on the type of animals you breed. i have a "normal" dragon from 02' he eats great, healthy as a horse and is just at the 20 inch mark. and 400-420 grams... He is not a morph het for anything nothing!!! Just a inland bearded dragon. and he's not that big. So i think it depends on the bloodline your working with. Also if you breed smaller animals you will get smaller animals. if you breed bigger animals you get bigger animals.. animals meaning bearded dragons. and after breeding normals sandfires red gold what have you. i noticed that the smaller the breeders the smaller the babies... Also some clutches have baby dragons that get real big and some that dont get big at all. Commonly known as "runts"... So to say as the time goes on there getting smaller cause of the morphs is not really a fact or even a good point...
I also breed the belgium line of bearded dragons. Those animals are remarkable eaters and breeders. they lay alot of eggs and there not 24+ inches and 500+ grams. They are a shorter stocky animal that doenst get really long.
IMO I dont like big bearded dragons... Some want the really big sizable long german giants and what not. Me personally i like the "smaller sized dragons". They dont eat as much, they dont need the extra room. they dont leave a big mess like bigger dragons( poo ). PLus when you have a real long male and a shorter female how are you going to get them bred? or a short male and a long heavy wide female? Not going to be easy.

Its a unique theory about the old dragons coming back and the high end dragons going to a back burner. but the fact is your "normal" dragons almost dont exist anymore (which does kinda suck).. But everything is crossed to this and has this gene etc. Some have like 6 or more names because thats how many different genetics its bloodline carries. But as far as bringing back the "normals" i doubt it.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #12
chris allen
It's hard to explain what I mean, lol. Its a feeling actually. Its just different than how it used to be. Its a different ball game now.

There is no doubt the quality of bearded dragon is different. Good and Bad.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #13
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
Why would i not think you were directing towards me? you said.

"The only people that see a low color dragon or "normal" dragon and think it is ugly are people that are only breeding for money."

I was the one to call them ugly no one else. so thats exactly why i took it the way i did. i also breed "high end bearded dragons" you said high end dragon breeders only do it cause they see dollar signs. I among others dont see dollar signs cause if we did we wouldnt sell the animal for just under half of market value. *** when i say market value i mean what the big time breeders market there high end animals for.*** trying to clarify market value. its not like theres a book or something.

An personally I think it depends on the type of animals you breed. i have a "normal" dragon from 02' he eats great, healthy as a horse and is just at the 20 inch mark. and 400-420 grams... He is not a morph het for anything nothing!!! Just a inland bearded dragon. and he's not that big. So i think it depends on the bloodline your working with. Also if you breed smaller animals you will get smaller animals. if you breed bigger animals you get bigger animals.. animals meaning bearded dragons. and after breeding normals sandfires red gold what have you. i noticed that the smaller the breeders the smaller the babies... Also some clutches have baby dragons that get real big and some that dont get big at all. Commonly known as "runts"... So to say as the time goes on there getting smaller cause of the morphs is not really a fact or even a good point...
I also breed the belgium line of bearded dragons. Those animals are remarkable eaters and breeders. they lay alot of eggs and there not 24+ inches and 500+ grams. They are a shorter stocky animal that doenst get really long.
IMO I dont like big bearded dragons... Some want the really big sizable long german giants and what not. Me personally i like the "smaller sized dragons". They dont eat as much, they dont need the extra room. they dont leave a big mess like bigger dragons( poo ). PLus when you have a real long male and a shorter female how are you going to get them bred? or a short male and a long heavy wide female? Not going to be easy.

Its a unique theory about the old dragons coming back and the high end dragons going to a back burner. but the fact is your "normal" dragons almost dont exist anymore (which does kinda suck).. But everything is crossed to this and has this gene etc. Some have like 6 or more names because thats how many different genetics its bloodline carries. But as far as bringing back the "normals" i doubt it.
you have your opinions and i have mine I see no reason to get into a arguement over it nor do i plan to entertain any arguements to that effect. I know what i meant by my post and you can take it however you want.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #14
dragonluver83
"I do not think I have seen a single trans break into the 20" range as of yet and that is due to the translucent gene (just as this witblit/silverback gene and the leather gene) are actual genetic deformities that breeders have decided to purposely keep alive for reproduction cause it will make them a few extra bux. You know that as well as I do.

i don know how to pull small quotes so this will have to do for now

I dont understand when you say " decided to purposely keep them alive" so to purposely keep them alive they would have to doing something extra to keep them healthy and thriving. Those animals are healthy and thriving all on there own, and did you see the breeders? normal plain jane dragons that look like they can be found in the wild, correct???

****"Nature would not allow animals such as this to live, natural selection would kill them off soon after hatching because they are genetically inferior."

What are you talking about??? So after they hatch how would nature kill them off? Like i said theres nothing more keeping them babies alive than any other baby in that clutch. There healthy thriving aniamls.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #15
dragonluver83
Quote:
you have your opinions and i have mine I see no reason to get into a arguement over it nor do i plan to entertain any arguements to that effect. I know what i meant by my post and you can take it however you want.
Dont take offense to it. this is a discussion forum and thats what were having. We can continue this in a pm if you'd like.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #16
spyder79
Quote:
"I do not think I have seen a single trans break into the 20" range as of yet and that is due to the translucent gene (just as this witblit/silverback gene and the leather gene) are actual genetic deformities that breeders have decided to purposely keep alive for reproduction cause it will make them a few extra bux. You know that as well as I do.

i don know how to pull small quotes so this will have to do for now

I dont understand when you say " decided to purposely keep them alive" so to purposely keep them alive they would have to doing something extra to keep them healthy and thriving. Those animals are healthy and thriving all on there own, and did you see the breeders? normal plain jane dragons that look like they can be found in the wild, correct???

****"Nature would not allow animals such as this to live, natural selection would kill them off soon after hatching because they are genetically inferior."

What are you talking about??? So after they hatch how would nature kill them off? Like i said theres nothing more keeping them babies alive than any other baby in that clutch. There healthy thriving aniamls.
perhaps they are thriving now. But when the translucent gene first popped up it was a severly deformed line. In nature animals like that would die off immediately due to not being able to hunt on their own due to a weakened state. Humans choice to try to keep the line going and succeeded but in the real world no they would have never taken hold. Because in nature only the strongest and healthiest survive and the translucent line and leather lines and these new witblits just arent that. its ashamed we dont have any aussie members chiming in here cause they could deffinantly comment on how these lines wont pop up in the wild populace because they are genetically inferior. I still dont understand why you are taking this so personally. I havent attacked you and there is no reason for your to be so defensive towards me. Honestly im done with this thread i do not have the time or energy to argue with you over my opinions.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #17
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris allen View Post
It's hard to explain what I mean, lol. Its a feeling actually. Its just different than how it used to be. Its a different ball game now.

There is no doubt the quality of bearded dragon is different. Good and Bad.
Being new to some things i was just wondering what was different. I didnt know what it used to be like.

Here's a question for you or for anyone else that can truthfully remember.. When translucent dragons were introduced to the states, do you remember what the cost of those guys were and what year they were being sold?

Old 02-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #18
spyder79
Quote:
Being new to some things i was just wondering what was different. I didnt know what it used to be like.

Here's a question for you or for anyone else that can truthfully remember.. When translucent dragons were introduced to the states, do you remember what the cost of those guys were and what year they were being sold?
they first popped up in the early 2000s Josh is a originator of the line here in the states and im sure they were well over a grand though i dont remember their prices. The originals of the line, however, were severely deformed and had extremely high infantile death rates.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #19
dragonluver83
Quote:
perhaps they are thriving now. But when the translucent gene first popped up it was a severly deformed line. In nature animals like that would die off immediately due to not being able to hunt on their own due to a weakened state. Humans choice to try to keep the line going and succeeded but in the real world no they would have never taken hold. Because in nature only the strongest and healthiest survive and the translucent line and leather lines and these new witblits just arent that. its ashamed we dont have any aussie members chiming in here cause they could deffinantly comment on how these lines wont pop up in the wild populace because they are genetically inferior. I still dont understand why you are taking this so personally. I havent attacked you and there is no reason for your to be so defensive towards me. Honestly im done with this thread i do not have the time or energy to argue with you over my opinions.
Still not arguing or really taking it so personal with you Brian. you seemed to have some other knowledge and i was interested in hearing it. But you are saying that all these genes are weak and bad or not stable. But you also say you dont have any of these lines. so without hands on experience how can you give an option like that? These are animals i have been working with for some time and i am just giving my option also, but its a hands on option. i am sorry if i upset, we have had pleasant convo in the past an hope to talk to you later...

Old 02-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
spyder79
you are right i do not have hands on knowledge of these dragons because i chose not to. I do however know of their origins and remember when they hit the market (prior to being forsale).

oh and i did PM you some reading materials. may help clear things up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!