Finally, the perfect enclosure from jmexotics on ebay - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
lizardsister2
Stop! Finally, the perfect enclosure from jmexotics on ebay

Ever since I bought a pair of veileds a few weeks ago who were housed together in a tank that was too small and totally lacking in ventilation, I have been experimenting expensively with an enclosure that made him happy. We separated them so that the male was alone in the glass tank and increased ventilation somewhat, still stayed too dark. We put him in an open hibiscus tree and for some reason he got down and wandered around the room, which of course turned him absolutely black. Then for only $90 shipped I got a huge bird cage from a guy on ebay. I would recommend this route to anyone. The bars are half an inch apart, so lots of ventilation but an adult couldn't escape through them. There are doors on all sides for easy access to plants, food cups, etc, and the tray at the bottom slides out without having to open or dig into the cage to clean it. The cage is 55 in high by 30 in wide by 18 in deep. I personally have some live pothos plus several artificial plants and vines for climbing, plus the cage itself is good for gripping and climbing. I keep him in his own room and there is a humidifier if necessary but so far the measurements have stayed between 50 and 65. Because of the bars, there are built in places to hang drippers and clamp his uvb/heat lamp. It's perfect! With all the space for climbing plus the added doors and removable trays so that I don't have to disturb him for basic care he is ecstatic and his colors have been great!! I got this cage from jmexotics on ebay who has an ebay store with similar items. He's got lots of great stuff at pretty reasonable prices. If you have adult chameleons that need an ideal situation affordably, you should definitely check it out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!