Need Advice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-30-2003, 10:53 PM   #1
DKSchroyer
Need Advice

First, I don't know if this is the proper forum for this post, but here goes.

On 7/13, I purchased a female het albino ball from a fairly well known breeder at the Pittsburgh Herp Society show. The snake was purchased sight unseen, as the breeder stated that he had the animal at home and would be willing to ship it to me. We agreed that the shipping would take place on the following Tuesday, for Wednesday delivery. Wednesday came and went, and no snake.

I called the breeder on Wednesday evening, and he asked if he could call me back, before we discussed the shipment. No return call was received. On Thursday, I called the breeder and he stated that there was a mix up, and my animal did not ship. He would throw in a 50% het female, and ship the following Tuesday.

Wednesday, 7/23, came and went with no snakes. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and waited until Thursday to call again. Left a message on his cell phone voice mail. No return call. I called on Friday, 7/25, and he apologized for not shipping, as "things came up." We agreed that he would ship Tuesday, 7/29, for Wednesday delivery.

Wednesday came and went, no snakes. I tried to call today, and got his voice mail twice, but as of this moment have not heard from him.

This breeder has received some good feedback here, and seemed reasonable to deal with at the show.

Any advice on how to procede would be greatly appreciated.

David Schroyer

Old 07-30-2003, 11:15 PM   #2
HerpVenue
just try to be patient.
maybe something big came up to prevent him from shipping and responding.

Old 07-30-2003, 11:21 PM   #3
Suncoast Herpetological
David

If this gentleman missed three shipping dates without pretty darn good reasons I believe it is probably time to think about posting the details here including the Email exchange and the gentleman's name. This type of behaviour is unacceptable on any level.

Old 07-30-2003, 11:28 PM   #4
DKSchroyer
I don't have a problem being patient, but the problem I have is that he keeps giving me shipping dates, and I don't receive snakes. I also don't receive a call or email that he couldn't ship. They just don't show up. This is very disruptive to my wife's life, because she is the person staying home to receive the "shipment".

I have purchased snakes (not from this breeder) 2 other times via internet, and have received the snakes the next business day. This breeder was quick to accept the money, but has yet to deliver any animals.

David Schroyer

Old 07-30-2003, 11:34 PM   #5
DKSchroyer
John,

All correspondence has been via phone. He never gives a real reason, just "a mix up", or "got busy".

A thought I have been having is that he may not actually have the animal to ship to me, therefore is trying to acquire one. I got a good deal on the animal, and he may not be able to get one for the price he sold me the snake for.

Dave Schroyer

Old 07-31-2003, 07:09 AM   #6
Suncoast Herpetological
Dave

The problem is that it is only a good deal if it actually arrives.

Old 07-31-2003, 09:25 AM   #7
sschind
Why can he only ship on Tuesdays, thats what I am curious about.

I believe in patience as well but in the instances I have been involved with that involved waiting, there have never been three promised delivery dates. Just lack of contact which I attributed to lack of professionalism. Promising delivery 3 times and not following through and using lame excuses like "got busy" or "a mix up" is starting to go beyond that. The seller is causing a disruption in the buyers life and he appears to have no remorse. I for one would not like to deal with this person.

Steve Schindler

Old 08-01-2003, 02:57 AM   #8
evansnakes
Just my opinion, but if it were me in this position I would need a very clear and legitimate reason for three delays. 1 no big deal. 2 I'm a bit frustrated. 3, without explanation that works for me I think I am being stolen from. Evan

Old 08-01-2003, 07:54 AM   #9
bpc
It sounds like you have alreaady paid for this animal. If so, you need to be a little more pissed than this. He is stalling for some reason, and you need to find out why, be satisified w/ the reason, or have your money refunded. I would call him one more time, leave an URGENT message, and if that call is not returned, call back and tell him you will be posting details here.

Old 08-01-2003, 10:34 AM   #10
jefjen
You need to post this guys name and info for everyone to see.. Makes you wonder if the hets are really hets???
I agree with Brian,,,i would be very pissed,,seeing as how he gave you three dates he was shipping,,and never did..
Just my opinion...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!