Good Guy Ken and Kim Foose..Above and Beyond What's Right - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
VegasBilly
Ken and Kim Foose..Above and Beyond What's Right

Seems after that last "time-lapse" bad guy post about Ken that he has somewhat of a target on his back. What transpired between myself and the Fooses (how do you pluralize "Foose" anyhow?) over the last two days and a few months earlier merits mentioning in this forum.

Last breeding season Kim had mentioned her pair of Green Sanzinia were not showing any signs of courting....and they never really had. I offered one of my male Mandarins to put in with the hopes the presence of another male might get some hormones moving and spur her male into action. They took my male and 6 weeks or so later he died while still in their care. Please understand, the value of this snake was in no way close to the value I place on my relationship with Kim and Ken. But regardless it could have been a sticky situation.

Without batting an eye they GAVE me their pair of Greens only asking if I am successful in breeding them to give them a pair. An amazingly stunning solution!

Flash forward to 2 weeks ago. The male Green had what appeared to be a prolapsed rectum. I took him to a vet and paid $80 to have it reinserted and his vent was sutured 40% shut to allow it to set. Well it didn't. I came home this week from a biz trip only to find a horrid looking glob of tissue protruding from his vent all over again. I placed him in a tub w/sugar water but really was making plans in my mind to have him possibly euthanized as I had no idea how many days he'd been like that while I was away and it appeared very dried out.

I happened to be in their store yesterday and mentioned his state in passing to Kim. Her response.."call our vet, get him there ASAP, and tell them to put the charges on our account"! While driving home their vet called me after being fully apprised of the situation from Kim and told me to get him in.

Turns out it was a hemipene that was protruding and it was amputated. The vet wouldn't even tell me what the charges were stating " it's been taken care of". I brought him home today and the horny bugger was courting the female w/in an hour....so I pulled him to let his nether region heal up! It appears losing 50% of his manhood won't be holding this stud back at all!

So I ask you, the reader, what do you think? Personally I think it speaks volumes as to the integrity that this couple possesses. With the number of animals and customers they have to deal with on a daily basis the odds are there will be a less than perfect transaction from time to time and for a myriad of reasons. What I can attest to and what Ken has shown in his replies in this very Forum is that he is a relic....an unassuming, no nonsense businessman who sincerely tries to do the best he can and if/when he fails he does his best to make it right. IMHO this industry would be extremely well served if more people conducted business like Ken and Kim do.
Bill

Old 10-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
reticguy76
well put.

and i think fooses = foosi hahaha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!