Calcium Dish how often do you change it out??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
lilraider
Question Calcium Dish how often do you change it out???

How often do you change out your calcuim dishes?and also what type of calcium do you use and do you put any other stuff in their?Thanks

p.s. i use rep-cal cacium

-John

Old 12-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
lilraider
hello?can anyone answer????please

Old 12-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
snowgyre
I use Jurassi-Cal calcium supplement. It's phosphorus and vitamin D3 free. You NEED to get a calcium supplement that's D3 free, since this vitamin is very easy to overdose and could harm your geckos.

As for cleaning the dish, I only do it on a per-need basis. It's not like calcium can rot or even mold so long as it's dry. Most of the time my geckos lick the dish clean in a week or so, and then I put some more in. No biggie.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:58 PM   #4
raiquee
I clean out my calci dish once a week. I don't put mass quantities in the dish to begin with, so i throw away very little.

I use Rep-cal regular calcium 3 weeks out of the month, then the rep-cal with d3 in it, one week out of the month. Then once a month (not on a d3 week) i add herptivite as a vitamin supplement. Been working out nice

Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
I use pure calcium daily and add reptivite with d3 once a week now. I dump it when it gets dirty or low. I use a tiny petri dish and put about 1/2 teaspoon in it so its not wasted if they walk through it with wet feet or decide to take a dump in it lol

Old 12-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
lilraider
cool thanks guys.

-John

Old 12-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #7
The NY Gecko
i used the plastic lid off and old jar of flake fish food(yes it was sterilized first) and fill half way with sandfire super foods leopard gecko ICB. its got everything. calcium and all the vitamins and minerals, the vitamin a is replaced with beta carotene and theres no D3, i use a UVB bulb. i dont like having the possibility of overdose.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!