Bad Guy Fluker Farms AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Filthy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I did not read the above post as blowing off your concerns, it was an interesting explanation. I did a brief internet search of 'dermestids in cricket shipments' and the search came up with many similar explanations, these bugs do not seem to be uncommon in cricket shipments.
Sandra did not say they were uncommon. She was displeased with the large number of these bugs as well as the number of crickets sent and the number of dead crickets in the shipment. Am I the only one here who looked at the photo and read her post???

Old 02-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
Alexandrina
I rarely post on Fauna. Is there a clique here I am supposed to tippy toe around? I am getting a really strange vibe. Someone needs to clue me in to what's really going on here. I feel like I bumped a bees nest or something.

I am not sure why my reply to Vanessa is being construed as an attack. It almost feels like an army of defenders have shown up and it has nothing to do with my complaint about Flukers but has to do with with what someone thought was an attack on Vanessa. I feel no animosity towards her, I was just disagreeing with her opinion. Perhaps people are projecting and seeing emotions in my reply to her that are not there.

Lucille, I am not sure why you feel the need to say "Name them". My private conversations with others are not something I would make public. I have no need or desire to call people to this thread to defend my position. I stated my opinion, posted the emails and the photo evidence, and that's that. Now it is up to readers to decide if they want to order feeders from Flukers. People coming here to agree or disagree with me won't have much bearing on that. I am not one of those people who needs others to back her up. I state my opinion and leave it others to state theirs if they so desire. I would NEVER pull someone into a debate they didn't chose to join. If they want to come here and post, okay, if they don't, that's okay too. No big deal. I don't need backup.

Most people will look at the pictures and decide how they feel about flesh eating beetles and whether they want to risk infesting their homes with them. For those of you who don't care about them, my thread is worthless to you. Feel free to go read something else. I have no desire to try to talk you into hating beetles in your crickets. You have the right to feel any way you want about them. For those who DO care about flesh eating beetles in cricket orders, my thread is a useful resource.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
I rarely post on Fauna. Is there a clique here I am supposed to tippy toe around? I am getting a really strange vibe.
Well if there wasn't, There will be now.

Every company has employees who either screw up or are screw ups. You need to give a company a little time to make things right. They seemed pleasant and wanting to help.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #14
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
Lucille, I am not sure why you feel the need to say "Name them". My private conversations with others are not something I would make public.
It's in the rules.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
roro8633
I own a pet store and order crickets from many different sources. These guys are in just about every shipment, some more then others. I kind of like them, lol. My small tarantulas love them b/c they never stop moving. I have a few customers that ask for them for there picky eating baby bearded dragons and leopard geckos. But I know what your saying, to much is a bad thing and they shouldn't be sending out that many in a shipment. But a few is not the end of the world.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #16
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Every company has employees who either screw up or are screw ups. You need to give a company a little time to make things right. They seemed pleasant and wanting to help.

You seem to want to shut the entire company down because you were disatisfied. They are attempting to right the situation. I fail to see where they are a 'bad guy' because your order didn't meet your standards. I probably would have been a little ticked too, but I don't see where they evil intentions, sorry.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #17
NPasquinelli
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I have seen Dermestid labeled and sold as "cleaning crews" for feeder colonies because they eat the all of the things that you would normally have to clean out while leaving your living colony in tact. Assuming that is the case, I wouldnt necessarily take their presence as a sign of filthy facility.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
oldworldlife
WoW your lucky I would love to get a box of dermestid beetles instead of crickets . Will you sell them? I hope you did not throw them away they're way more expensive then crickets. what a lucky score I'm buying flukers from now on !

Old 02-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
ShadowAceD
I would like to preface by stating I do not buy from Fluker's. I have never used them as a supplier, but I have used over a dozen cricket suppliers in the past six years for Water Dragons.

While I would say the ratio of dermestid beetles to crickets is really bad in that shipment, I do think you should take a moment to breathe and calm down. Especially in regard to calling the health department on Fluker's. Fluker's apologized for the issue and was going to replace the shipment. When you began threatening them, they offered a full refund, which can take a few days to post back to your account. You have a right to be upset, I would be too if the number of beetles seemed to match the number of crickets, but again, they offered to fix it.

Every cricket supplier I have ever ordered from has had some of those guys hitch rides in my orders. The ratio in yours is unacceptable, I agree, but it happens and they were willing to correct it. You are screaming about these guys being "flesh eating" beetles, which is true, but they are "dead flesh eating" beetles. They will not harm you. Yes, it is possible they could get out and cause an infestation in your house, but so long as you either destroy them when they arrive or just watch them in the container while you are feeding the animal the cricket is meant for it should not be a problem. In the six years I dealt with crickets, I never had one cause an infestation in my house.

Many cricket suppliers keep these guys around to clean up dead crickets. In fact, that is the reason anyone keeps them, really. When you recieve shipments without them, odds are, they have been picked out or it is a much smaller operation that does not employ the help of the beetles.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #20
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Many cricket suppliers keep these guys around to clean up dead crickets. In fact, that is the reason anyone keeps them, really.
What I mean by that is the main reason people keep these beetles is to do their job in eating "dead flesh". There are labs that use them to eat dead tissue off of bones (private bone collectors do too), for instance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!