Cost Effective GTP/ETB Setups - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
KnM-Reptiles
Cost Effective GTP/ETB Setups

Has anyone been successful with 'tub-like' or 'rack-like' setups for arboreal animals (factoring in heating and perches..etc)? Pictures would be appreciated!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
yeloowtang
one easy and cheap way of keeping them until you decide on the set up, is using
the rubbermade all access storage bins.
they have a semi clear front that flips open and has a lock latch, i would add extra security but for hatchlings , they would be perfect and even up to adults if the big bins are used.
easy to add perches, just add a strip of heat tape in the back, a controler and you're all set.
sealed, rubbermade bins will help keep the humidity in check too.
i've seen a few guys use this with great success, i'm going to set these up for my baby ETBs until i can get xpvc cages for them, i have decide to keep any that is (probably will) hehehe
otherwise, a rack set up with taller tubes would work but keep in mind GTPs and ETBs need more humidity, so if your rack is made of melamine, it woun't last as long, where as these bins will last for ever.

hope this helps..
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
JCCS
For juvenile animals, this type of thing is fine, as keeping humidity and heat in smaller containers is relatively easy. For adults, however, you need quality caging. Arboreal animals are expensive to set up correctly and therefore aren't for everyone. If you skimp on caging, it will come back and bite you. On the other hand, investing in quality caging can make caring for these animals pretty easy.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
KnM-Reptiles
Yeah, I totally agree James, but i plan on simply getting my feet wet with the arboreals before i get the designers just to see if they are going to be as awesome as I think they will be. I have set up all of my reptiles in rubbermaids and they've done great for me.
thanks alot guys.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!