which arboreal makes a great display? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
cornchips
which arboreal makes a great display?

Im looking for a display animal, largish but not huge(6 to 8ft is fine)
I love the look of green tree pythons but they seem rather dull as far as activity level.Having never had one I am just going by the pics I see.
So these are the choices Ive come up with.
Carpet python of some kind, green tree python, amazon tree boa. Which would make the best display with a bit of activity. Since it will be in the living room consider stress levels of a more active room. Also I dont feel the need to handle it as I have other snakes for that.
The cage is going to be an animal plastics arboreal, size depends on animal I settle on.
Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
yeloowtang
I would say emerald tree boa, i have a few and they are just amazing.
but they don't move much, even at night, they will move a little but mostly perch in a hunting position. they are however the most delicate ones, so make sure you have the right equipment and experience to take care of it, they really don't accept less than perfect conditions..

if you want one that moves way more and comes in an aray of colours, you could go with the amazon tree boa, they also spend most of their day sleeping and often in a hide on the ground, but when the lights go out , they are all over the cage.
they are also easier to care for, more forgiving if the conditions are not perfect.They have the reputation of being nippy but since you will not handle it
another cool thing is the glow in the eyes at night when light reflects in them.. pretty sweet..

of course you have the green tree python, same cathegory as the emerald tree boa, maybe a little less sensitive to it's enviroment.. nice ones to chose from.

and if you want something different, bigger, you could get a moluccan python..
i'm looking at getting one... they will enjoy an arboreal cage since they will climb and perch.. they do get big.. 6-8 feet, best discription i could give you is they are like a reticulated python/emerald tree boa mix. absolutly demands respect .. nice snakes with amazing rainbow shine to them..

arboreals are by far my favorite these are some of mine.. i have 5 emeralds and 5 amazon, only one green tree now always looking for more hehehe
as mentioned , thinking about getting a CB moluccan... just need to figure out if i have room for the cage first..

good luck in you decision, one thing is for sure.. you will enjoy it and most likely get more :-D

Steph

Old 10-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
EmeraldBoid
I have had scrubs, emeralds, and chondros. I love them all, but emeralds have by far been my favorite. Inquisitive and tolerate a little handling about 2-4 times a month. Understand though they do not tolerate neglect of any kind. That said, a clean water bowl with fresh water, daily misting, temperatures in the low-mid 80s, and conservative feeding will give you a very rewarding experience.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1412813594785.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  36.9 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1412813614576.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  56.2 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1412813636662.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  133.9 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1412813653494.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  61.1 KB

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!