Fed Ex and Signature Releases - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
SPJ
Fed Ex and Signature Releases

I had a package delivered this morning but haven't heard from the buyer yet.
Delivered at 10:20am and it is now 6:55pm.
This is what the webite shows.

Signature release on file
Package left at front door

What is the point of me requiring a signature? And why does Fed Ex still charge you the signature fee if they don't get one?

These signature releases bite almost as bad as buyers who don't let you know the animals arrived.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
barbie69
My FedEx delivery guys only require a signature about 25% of the time. I am always surprised to hear them pull up and pull away without even knocking. I do hear them though, especially since they are not surprise packages, they are expected and eagerly awaited packages usually.
I hope the buyer got them inside soon after they were dropped at the door. If they did not get a signature and you required one, it is not your fault at this point if the buyer left the package on the porch. I really hope the animals are okay.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
monkeywrench133
Your buyer may have signed for it despite what the website says. I'm always home to recieve and even though I do sign for the package, the website will say

"Signature release on file
Package left at front door"

I had about $400 worth of Ts shipped to me a few months ago, and thats what Fedex's system said even though I had been handed the box and signed for it. I made sure to call the seller before I even opened the box because his live arrival gaurantee was void if no one was there to recieve the package on the first delivery attempt.

I don't know why their system does it, but it could potentially burn the buyer as well as cause problems for the seller.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
shrap
I have had the same scenario as Erin happen to me many times. Both as a shipper and as a buyer. Where I have signed and it says "left on porch".

I have also had buyers call me and tell me they have received the package, then I will check on FedEx's site to see what time it was delivered and it will say "left on porch". But the people literally called me within 10-15 minutes of the time it says "left on porch". So I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were there to accept delivery.

The only way I can see to cover your ass (as a buyer) in these situations is to make sure you call the seller immediately to verify delivery of your package.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
The only way I can see to cover your ass (as a buyer) in these situations is to make sure you call the seller immediately to verify delivery of your package.
I took a couple pictures of the box before I opened it, both with my regular digital camera, and with my phone camera, which I immediately emailed to myself so that I'd have something time stamped that showed the box actually was in my possession.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
SPJ
I tried contacting him but haven't heard back.

I am assuming that if there was a problem he would have gotten a hold of me right away so I guess all is well.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
catawhat
Last week, the Fed Ex guy just dropped the package (ie: snake) on the porch, didn't even knock . If it weren't for the fact that the dogs alerted me I wouldn't have even known he came when he did. Yes I was expecting it that morning, but to me that is not the point.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I tried contacting him but haven't heard back.

I am assuming that if there was a problem he would have gotten a hold of me right away so I guess all is well.

Did you ever hear anything about this Steve? Just curious.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #9
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I try to remember when I make a sale to specify that live arrival and health is guaranteed IF the package is accepted on the first delivery attempt AND the buyer calls or emails me within 1 hour of delivery to update on condition of the animals.

I forget to make the stipulation sometimes......and I always cringe when I do....(I'm shipping one out tomarrow and I forgot to include the 1 hour part in our negotiations), but I try to remember to include it!

Hope your animals arrived safely at thier new home SPJ!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #10
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
Did you ever hear anything about this Steve? Just curious.
Fed Ex delivered to the wrong apartment.
The snakes are OK though but the buyer didn't end up getting them until 4pm and had to go to the other apartment to get them.
I refunded part of the shipping to him and am now arguing with Fed Ex over this.

2nd shipment in a row that went to the wrong address. At least this one was the fiasco like the last one. They dropped the box at the door, the people at the wrong address found the box and called the police because the box said it contained live snakes. That brought animal control to get the package and open it, and basically all hell broke loose. Frantic buyer, crazy NJ authorities, and me on the phone losing my temper. You'll probably be reading about it in the herps in the news section.

Still charged full price and still charged the signature charge though.
I have been disputing it with Fed Ex so hopefully I will get satisfaction on out of this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!