Dan Scolaro bad guy. - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #91
Dan Scolaro
Then go ahead and call him and ask him why he mentioned robbery and suffering. If you think he did this to explain his lost love of the hobby to someone he's angry at who robbed his son, they I would interject that view might be naive. And to think otherwise would disregard his skilled methods to cover/hide such implications within the letter. And what matters actually is how it was interpreted and conveyed to me. Regardless, the terms of purchase were for live arrival when delivered on time with express delivery service. They were not replacement nor refund if he killed one by over feeding it against my advice. Pretty plain and simple actually.

Dan

Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #92
Chameleon Company
Dan,
How about you just quickly point me to those parts of this thread where you look good, cause I missed 'em ? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #93
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Then go ahead and call him and ask him why he mentioned robbery and suffering. If you think he did this to explain his lost love of the hobby to someone he's angry at who robbed his son, they I would interject that view might be naive.
Dan, I also read and re-read that letter.....and all I see is his commentary on why he got out of the hepr hobby himself, scammers and thives. To think otherwise, I believe may be paranoia.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #94
Cat_72
*herp hobby.....not hepr, obviously.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #95
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Dan, I also read and re-read that letter.....and all I see is his commentary on why he got out of the hepr hobby himself, scammers and thives. To think otherwise, I believe may be paranoia.
No, no no! It's obvious that the boy's father is just [i]so skilled[/b] at the art of making subtle, almost hidden threats that nobody except Dan can even percieve that they exist.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:38 PM   #96
Dan Scolaro
My company extended a live arrival guarantee to include a free 5th skink providing the buyer with 5 skinks for the discount price of 4 skinks.

Not paranoid, just simply not willing to consider and further extension of the guarantee after the buyers followed through on their threats to harm my companies reputation.

Dan

Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #97
Dan Scolaro
Thanks and I appreciate everyones input and suggestions, and despite I agreed to provide a free 5th specimen, that offer stood until I was bullied and threatened.

And it's not relevant/important if I did or did not misinterpret that letter. What's important is that the buyer did not succeed at numerous threats to extort funds.

Dan

Old 04-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #98
romad119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Regardless, the terms of purchase were for live arrival when delivered on time with express delivery service.

Dan
But they weren't delivered on time.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #99
romad119
I'd like to see the tracking info on the shipment.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #100
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Perhaps Randy, but on the other hand the last thing you want is to be sued by someone who can afford it and is passionate in their quest. Any lawyer will tell you that, and someone who can afford to sue you will often lay down very blunt warnings first, as they'd just as soon save everybody money too. Its all about being pragmatic.

Dan, there's a forest, and then there's trees. Penny wise and pound foolish ? I could go on, but it would only add to the drivel. Good luck getting this one behind you.
On the other hand, LOTS of people will bluff their butts off about filing a lawsuit up till the time they discover just exactly how expensive it is to do so. So what are the damages in this case? Enough for someone to spend $20 grand just to get some satisfaction? Most attorneys wouldn't put themselves in the position of having the judge ask them why they are wasting the court's time on such a frivolous affair. So if letters are even sent, the attorney is just trying to bluff the OP into settling for what their client wants. They would have NO intention of actually taking it into court.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!