Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #31
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Not just one person, but now two people he's screwed over? That's a pattern, a pattern of deception. He has tricked two people into advertising his business without paying them.

And he was here reading this thread? He didn't have a moment to respond? Time to read but not respond?

Bottom line, he didn't have the money. If you have it you pay it, if you don't have it you can't pay it. The word is BROKE. Hi, I am broke, I don't have the money to pay you right now. Gosh, so simple a thing, but yet so many make it so difficult and think ignoring a person will make it all go away.

The guy is a deadbeat. I'd take what he owes me and still place a note on my website that I had to badger his ass for months to pay me what was owed me.

***How big does the rock have to be Chuck? I need to raise some extra cash LOL ***

Old 09-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #32
kmurphy
Quote:
I am not defending David he should have responded with something.I will say this,$750 is too much for a non established show and my guess is that David probably had second thoughts.I do hope this gets resolved and I wish you luck with your first show.Terry
It's a moot point Terry. He agreed to the sum so whether it was too much or too little is irrelavant. Second thoughts aren't allowed AFTER all the advertising is done. Like the others I would like to hear what David has to say. I've been giving repster plugs on our society's web site. I guess I'll have to hold off on that for a while.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #33
Dixie Reptiles
I know he did agree to that amount and I think he should have settled this before it got here.My only thoughts on this is if the show fails and shuts down $750 was wasted money and unfortunately I have watched many fail over the years.Both parties are new to this business one charged the other agreed .This just does not sit well with me and should not be on the B.O.I..

Old 09-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #34
GECKO DUDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLuvHerps

Terry - As I said, the fee involved more than just the sponsorship, I guess you can say it involved some "time and effort" costs in there for us since Mr. Young would not be able to attend the show himself. He will be in Chicago for the NARBC show that weekend.

Kelly Kordek
Hey Kelly if you want to type something up i will be more than glad to deliver it to him at the NARBC show. I will be there all day saturday and i would be more than glad to help you out because you have helped me out so much.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #35
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Reptiles
This just does not sit well with me and should not be on the B.O.I..
Why is that? Party A agreed to an amount for advertising. Party B did all the advertising that was agreed upon (that we know of at this point). Party A did not follow through with payment. Party B has called and emailed Party A many times over the course of the last month to resolve this in private. Party B does not accept their calls or return their calls or emails.

Sounds to me like a perfect candidate for the BOI.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #36
shrap
Errr edit in BOLD.....

Why is that? Party A agreed to an amount for advertising. Party B did all the advertising that was agreed upon (that we know of at this point). Party A did not follow through with payment. Party B has called and emailed Party A many times over the course of the last month to resolve this in private. Party A does not accept their calls or return their calls or emails.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #37
GECKO DUDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Errr edit in BOLD.....

Why is that? Party A agreed to an amount for advertising. Party B did all the advertising that was agreed upon (that we know of at this point). Party A did not follow through with payment. Party B has called and emailed Party A many times over the course of the last month to resolve this in private. Party A does not accept their calls or return their calls or emails.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #38
Dixie Reptiles
So far I only see party B,s side of this.would like to hear the other side.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #39
GottaLuvHerps
Devon, I appreciate the offer, but for now I will let it live as it is. Mr. Young is very aware of what is happening, and one more letter is not going to change things. And anytime you need anything, you know where to reach me :-)

Terry, I am curious as to why you do not feel this belongs on the BOI? I understand you do not agree with the fee we agreed upon, but is that the only reason? Yes, this show COULD fail, and YES this was a risk for Mr. Young to consider, which we talked about at length. BUT on the other hand, I was risking getting a sponsor who was not well known who's reputation could go to hell, and then I would have my show associated with his name until whatever time that could be resolved - being a new show, that's a pretty big risk, don't you think? It was a risk for us BOTH, but I was willing to risk advertising for him, and he did NOTHING he agreed to do, including something as simple as posting a banner ad on his website. He just STOPPED communicating all together, which is very unprofessional. Yet he could call people to make sure their first shipments with his service went well, he could answer phone calls from other people, he could send emails.

I see that Mr. Young was logged onto the site at 6:08pm, but has yet to respond.

David, do you just have nothing to say? You have not contacted me privately, and have not responded publicly, so this does not look very good on you. I am truly hoping for a resolution on this, and just want to know WHY at this point. We are both adults, let's deal with this as adults.

Kelly Kordek

Old 09-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #40
Shadera
I agree that it very much belongs here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting ready to start thinking about how they want to ship their snakes, and the answers that are given will very much influence my decision of whether or not to use repster for any future shipping of live snakes. Who wants to use a service if the owner is known to duck and run from responsibility? I've been watching with great interest, wanting to hear the other side.

OP, I hope you are able to find some resolution for this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster