Inquiry BallBids.com? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Lucille
BallBids.com?

Clicked on their banner ad that appeared here on Fauna, curious about their advertised too-good-to-be-true ad that showed a lemon blast sold for $3.76, a pastel for $15.36, etc.
Any info?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
jluman
I've seen this ad a few places, made me curious too?

Here's the WHOIS info for the domain:
Registrant:
Ball Bids, LLC

9721 NW 36th Manor
Coral Springs, Florida 33065
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: BALLBIDS.COM
Created on: 15-Jun-11
Expires on: 15-Jun-13
Last Updated on: 29-Nov-11

Administrative Contact:
Cohen, Avshalom acohen2007@yahoo.com
Ball Bids LLC
9721 nw 36th manor
coral springs, Florida 33065
United States

And here are the members of the LLC:
Title MGRM
COHEN, AVSHALOM
9721 NW 36TH MANOR
CORAL SPRINGS FL 33065
Title MGRM
BYERS, ZACHARY
850 WASHBURN AVENUE, APT. 86
LOUISVILLE KY 40222

Old 12-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Lucille
I went and looked through the site and found a novel approach to their auctions: it looks like one actually has to pay to bid. I don't think I've ever run across that idea before.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Focal
I was looking on there yesterday and it didn't feel right. I almost bid a few dollars just to see what would happen.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Lucille
Their ads list 'sold' prices, but the site itself has info saying 'there are no winners yet'.
Makes one wonder.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
twgrosmick
Its a new idea that many websites are using. You pay for the amount of bids which is how they make their money, and the bid increases by a penny each bid. Great deal if you are the last few bids and win it, but could be a huge loss if you dumb 100 bids @$65.00 I believe and then are not able to win. In the last few minutes every time someone bids the time increases back to say 5 min until it goes 5 min without anyone bidding.
Hope this helped

Tyler

Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
garweft
It's a penny auction site, like beezid.com. They make there money selling the bids, not the snakes. You can google penny auction sites and read up on them to decide if it's right for you.

As per the people running the site, Zack Byers and Avi Cohen..... never heard of them.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #8
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Their ads list 'sold' prices, but the site itself has info saying 'there are no winners yet'.
Makes one wonder.
Yeah I saw that too. Makes one wonder.....

Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #10
redhood23
I used to live in coral springs and was always into reptiles and knew lots of people there. I will ask around and see if I can find any info on these guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp