Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #61
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL
once you see this type of a situation occur,you can only expect it to go downhill from here. I would like to know who are the principles of the business, is it a legal business or corporation and who is actually responsible! Secondly, its very convenient for an employer to absolve himself of any liability and leave the burdon of these liabillities on the remaining partners, or whatever you want to call them. When does one person no longer become involved in a business that apparently is having some financial problems. Who bears the responsiblity of providing the service, refunding the money, etc.

Their are some real issues here that need to be addressed. These monies should be refunded and if Chris is no longer affiliated with Top Shelf at this time, or is contemplating some return in the future, he should provide some leadership and resolve this as quickly as possible. The fact that he is not well, is unfortuante, but mortgages still have to be paid, and life does go on.
Very valid questions, and concerns that need to be addressed, and resolved to a "solid" conclusion. This way buyers can know where TSE stands as a business, and where (good or bad), and to whom (TSE vs Chris), the reputation will end up, in the end.

Old 04-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #62
Fedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
How is he (Chris@TSE) out of the picture. When He (Chris@TSE) is still the owner? He has responded a few times to this thread already. Cant He (Chris@TSE) tell his employees, partners, or new owners to respond??
If they are employees I'd give them the boot! If they are partners I'd look for some new freinds! If they are New owners I would never buy from them!!

Agree with Jas. If TSE is so backed up on orders that they can't ship or communicate , why do I keep seeing them post ads on Kingsnake for ball morphs?? If you are so backed up , stop trying to sell stuff , and send animals out that have already been paid for that people are waiting on. Here in MA , the past 3-4 weeks has been really great weather , should be no problem shipping. TSE should be able to find one day in there where it is ok to ship, but i guess not........ And i will agree with Jas , if there are new owners , i dont plan to make a purchase ever either. Hope everyone gets their animals soon.

Derek Federico

Old 04-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #63
tejasranger
Chris,You are incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
No. I have more important things to worry about honestly. Not to be rude sir but in all technical terms you are not my customer. I removed myself from operations back in late October. As of this moment I have no intentions of involving myself in operations until my health improves. My health is my first and only concern at the moment as it should be. When I improve I will decide how to involve myself in the business again, if at all. I cannot concern myself with such things now. I should not have even replied to this post in the first place but I thought I should at the very least address it since people seem to love to toss my name around in matters that did not directly involve me. Granted they have run into hard times in my absence but even if I were around I do not think I could have done much better anticipating the crummy weather we were hit with this season. It was quite unfortunate. Again, please be patient. They are doing their best. Hope you enjoy your snakes and the holiday. Take care.
Chris,
YOU are incorrect. I purchased these snakes from YOU. Don't YOU recall YOU told me about your father working for Bell Helicopter before the moved from up north when I contacted you from my Bell email address in Jan? So don't tell me that you had nothing to do with this sale. That is insulting!

Bob England

Old 04-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #64
varnyard
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
Simply put I am more concerned with becoming well than to listen to people blame me for transactions I had no part in. Lets make this very simple for you, you probably know more about what is going on than I do.
IMO, He is saying he has nothing to do with it, if he knows less than us.

Quote:
I currently spend between 18 and 20 hours a day in bed. I rarely am up to checking correspondence, and my reputation at this poitn is of little concern as I am uncertain if I will even be returning at this point. If you have a problem with your transaction I suggest you take it up with Patrick and Glenn whom you have been dealing with all along.
Was anyone contacted and told that they would now need to deal with someone else? I realize Chris was and is sick. But does this excuse him to withholding vital information? Also has anyone have a clue who Patrick and Glenn are?

Quote:
I am sorry you have encountered delay but I am sure they have plenty on their plates and they are doing the best that they can. From what I have seen some waiting much longer than you who have been very patient, god bless them. I can certainly understand why you may be encountering problems corresponding, if I had received any emails from you similar in attitude to what you have posted here I would not be "jumping" to reply either. Try losing the attitidue perhaps, you catch more flies with honesy or something like that... =]
Good business would have been, to be truthful with you buyers. Maybe a mass email telling your customers. You would no longer be over TSE would have been in order.

Quote:
Hope you are pleased when you receive your animals and I do hope that everything works out with you guys, you can remove me from the equation thank you very much. I have absolutely no place in this matter any longer and have not for quite some time. Have a good easter. I can be reached at cjohnson@topshelfexotic.com. I do apologize if it takes me a while to respond. I do not exactly check it every day.
Chris I realize you are sick, and I wish you the very best in that awful situation. But the fact of the matter is, this message should have been made months ago when you decided that no longer had a part in TSE. JMHO

Old 04-16-2006, 06:18 PM   #65
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
A lot of people will probably think I'm an , and that Chris/TSE has such a good rep, that I should cut some slack....well, normally I would agree, but in this case it appears to be quite a large number of incidents, as opposed to an "innocent mistake". Let's hope everybody is getting their 05's that they paid for ASAP.

The business Top Shelf Exotics should NOT be given any slack in any way at all. That business should be held to the same standards and scrutiny as any other business. There are people there running the business. They are placing ads to sell critters so they should also be shipping, responding to their customers whose money they have had for as long as 5 months and issuing refunds to people because what is going on trumps any TOS excuse they may want to hide behind..

I also hope people get the 05's they paid for and not 06 hatchlings.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #66
Lucille
I hope that those who are close to Chris will speak with him about this situation. Depending on his actual present status in the company and whether it is incorporated or a partnership, I am guessing he may end up with some personal liability here when people decide to do more than complain if they are forbidden from getting refunds to which they seem to be entitled at this point(as well as reputation harm from the fallout from the emerging dissatisfaction from delayed service.)
Also, and this is just my own feeling, for those deals that he personally agreed to before he gave over management to others, I would think it important that he take just a bit of time, maybe a few minutes a day, and either assure immediate refunds or see that service is improved as those transactions are his.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #67
HerpLuver
Well, as i actually open my eye's a bit more and see this current situation, it seems that the excuses that where fed to me like horse feed to a blind mare, are a list. A list of BS excuses that Pat and Glenn feed the customers in order to shut them up and hopefully give them more time. But more time to what?

- Honestly fill all the orders they have aquired?
- Wait on supplies?
- Use the money to buy bulk from someone else in order to fill orders?
- Hide in a corner with a dirty mag??

I could care less which one of these answers it is, these customers all have money out to TSE, whether TSE is owned by Chris Johnson, or Pat or Glenn or all 3... Those customers deserve a product. To be honest, from now on i WILL NOT BE RECOMENDING TSE to ANYONE.

Chris, i will purchase from YOU, and YOU alone, NOT under the name TSE.. Cause honestly, pat and glenn sound like a bunch of guys that have no idea what there doing. I remember you saying to me before Chris, in chat, that pat and glenn could barely hold there pants up without you let alone hold up that company and the amount of orders it receives. Leaving the company in the hands of inept employees/partners is not helping your situation.

As much as you want to be OUT of this situation Chris, you are a full part of it.

Why you ask? Cause we've already seen that one or more of these people have recommended sales to other people based on the reputation of YOU, Chris Johnson.

Not Top Shelf Exotics.

Had i not known you i would never have purchased from TSE and would have found a 1.1 100% het albino pair somewhere else. But i purchased from TSE cause i knew you and wanted to put my money where i trusted. Then i started receiving the "Supply shipment didnt get here" or "Weather isnt good to ship" or "NO EMAIL RESPONSE"

Exactly what everyone here has received, its a pattern Chris, and its a pattern of BAD BUSINESS that we flame everyday all day on these boards. I dont want you to go down in the flames of TSE Chris, but i fear if you dont put a boot up someone's rear at TSE to get in gear and shut there excusing mouths up, then you will.

I pray for your health, and that you wont see me as trying to attack you here. I just want what the rest of these people want, a resolution to a growing problem.

Let's get'er done

Old 04-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #68
Whitewater Reptiles
Looking at the Kingsnake wanted ads you'll find that TSE is taking on new suppliers.
Do you think he has the animals that he sold? Could that be why some have not received their purchases? Shipping can be done most of the year if packaged correctly, I live in Michigan and ship every month of the year with no loss - others do the same, a little common sense goes a long ways. Glenn and or Patrick should refund the people who no longer care to wait... What other kind of business can do this, other than possibly manufacturing?
Mike Derks

Old 04-16-2006, 08:08 PM   #69
HerpLuver
Also, I believe we all have a right to know ALL the information about Pat and Glenn.

Let's start with last names and positions in the company. How's about there specialties? What exactly do they have the most experience with? TSE is a company name, but Pat and Glenn are the current operators of said business, we need more about them cause if TSE does go down and they decide to start up a new business, i'd like to know there information so i know NOT to purchase from them again.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #70
jglass38
Here is an answer that Chris should provide. Do you breed your own BP morphs or do you buy wholesale and resell from other breeders? There has been talk going around for a long time saying that is exactly what is happening. I questioned Glen on it and he said that TSE only sells their own CB BP morphs. I am starting to wonder if he is telling the truth.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!