What would people do if a girlfriend or boyfriend felt threatened by a dangerous snak - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
rare jewels
What would people do if a girlfriend or boyfriend felt threatened by a dangerous snak

I'm not comfortable with the idea of killing a rattlesnake even though I wouldn't want to have one; but if you were with someone who you liked really well; and she wanted it dead, what would you do?

Old 02-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
Herpin Man
If I had a wife, girlfriend, buddy or acquaintance that wanted me to kill a snake for any reason, venomous or not, I would most likely come to the conclusion that there was no place in my life for that person.
So no, I would not kill the snake.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
rare jewels
I guess when it comes to those rattlesnakes that you'll hear nightmare stories about, there's one way of euthanizing one so that it wouldn't suffer too much. I mean if I was with someone, I'd be concerned for her safety, especially if one's rattling its tail. I'd try to get her as far away for the creature as possible. As for doing it in a way that's fairly merciful, I carry diabetic supplies on me a lot; and if there was a stick around, I could draw up a high dosage of insulin and pin one to the ground long enough to do an injection; but hopefully, I'll never be in that position.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:29 AM   #4
hotlips
I'm with Herpin Man on this- I'd never kill a snake, and anyone who thinks I would do it for them is vastly mistaken...that person would be out of my life, unless I could educate them about snakes. I would certainly try to enlighten them first, but I love rattlesnakes especially, cold day in hell before I'd kill one. I've rescued & relocated quite a few, & kept some for many years. Heck, it's not as if they chase you, all you have to do is walk away, so there's no excuse to kill them. They have a lot of personality when you actually live with them as I have.

Old 04-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #5
PerfectLowstorm
I wouldn't kill it... But I would have a prior understanding with my SO (I'm the girl) that there's to be nothing that can kill you with a single bite. If he went against my wishes, it'd be me or the animal. Technically we have a dog that could kill with a single bite, but.. he was raised, and is very different from a reptile.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:12 PM   #6
elena
I couldn't date a man who wanted me to kill a wild animal for no reason. If I'm hiking with someone, and they beg me to kill a snake, I'd turn around and leave them out there. I've ended dates with guys who couldn't wait to tell me about the time they killed a "dangerous snake."

Old 04-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #7
som16724
Some people are just plain afraid of snakes, on a level they can not control. I never hold that against a person, and have relocated many rattlesnakes for friends and neighbors that couldn't bring themselves to leave the house with one outside. I think this works better than storming off, simply because they are afraid.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #8
elena
I wouldn't storm off if they were merely expressing fear. Only if they were demanding the death of the animal.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #9
bcr229
Unless you are using a firearm, which has its own set of problems if you are in a populated area, then killing a rattlesnake means getting close enough to it that it can bite you. Just leave it alone.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #10
E.Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Unless you are using a firearm, which has its own set of problems if you are in a populated area, then killing a rattlesnake means getting close enough to it that it can bite you. Just leave it alone.
Agreed.
Typically, if there is space and time to discuss killing it, then there is space and time to avoid it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!