Bad Guy Beware of Jeffery Lockman/John Pennington - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
StuTennyson
Beware of Jeffery Lockman/John Pennington

Jeffery Lockman/John Pennington-I'm not sure which name is his as he uses one for email and the other for his paypal account.

He contacted me a few weeks ago regarding some snakes I had advertised for sale. He asked me to sell one to him for less than the advertised price. I agreed and even gave him a discount on shipping. He asked if he could paypal the payment and I told him to include 3% to cover the paypal fee. He sent the payment without the additional amount to cover the fee. He insisted I ship his snake the day after Christmas even though I recommended against it due to temperatures and before a weekend. This gave him a week to get the $7.00 paypal fee to me. He did not make the payment so I told him I would not ship his snake. He requested a refund which I sent immediately. He then sent me a threatening email saying he would make numerous derogatory comments about me on several social media venues.

This is it in a nutshell but there are a lot more details in the emails that went back and forth which I kept copies of. This individual was very difficult, demanding and uncooperative from the start. Even though I gave him a discount on what he wanted he still tried to short change me. Be forewarned if he contacts you regarding any purchases. I will not do business with this individual and I recommend anyone else to think twice before engaging this individual in any business transactions.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
mikepanzarella
was the $7 the 3% paypal fee?
that 3% is the sellers fee its part of doing business you should not be asking a customer to cover that.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
StuTennyson
Mike

Yes I know that now. I had several responses on that issue already on facebook but I appreciate the info none the less! Thanks!

Old 12-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
GMTIRRILL
Some one should send this thread to pay-pal Mr. tennyson is breaking pay-pal user agreements by making customers pay the 3% that he should be paying for when using pay-pal services

Old 12-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
StuTennyson
PayPal

I have already been contacted by PayPal and they are aware of the situation.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
StuTennyson
latest email

Thought I would post the latest email from this individual to give you a taste of what I am dealing with.

"Post what you please and contact who you want. If you post about me obviously your harassing me. I'm telling the truth regarding you in all the posts I have prepared to launch. You are harassing me and misrepresented yourself by selling something you don't even have. I sent you your $200 which you agreed to. Then you ask for a paypal fee. I had no problem sending had paypal allowed me to do so. I could have easily sent you the little $7.00 had you waited until I made it home from traveling. You refused to do so because I doubt you even have a legitimate sale. You kept wanting a check which I clearly said I will not send since there is so much fraud and paypal or a credit card is more secure. Had I sent a check I would have never received a product nor a refund. The day after Christmas was the only day the temperature was cooperative.

I'm a professional with a Doctorate in Counseling and Psychology so I am an honest educated person. One reason I hate dealing with the uneducated like yourself is a low comprehension level. I will not email you further since you are indeed a fraud but I will definitely make the fraud known to others which is not threatening or harassment (check the law). Consumers have the right to know when they are being scammed and I intend to make them completely aware of it don't worry about that. Because of you someone lost wages from taking off a days work (not a minimum wage rate like yourself) and I lost on an enclosure I had to purchase. No big deal I had a reputable dealer order one at a better price than you allegedly offered so I will have it by tomorrow. Have a nice life and stop wasting peoples time with fraud. Do not contact me further or I will block your email."

Old 12-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTennyson View Post
Thought I would post the latest email from this individual to give you a taste of what I am dealing with.

"I'm a professional with a Doctorate in Counseling and Psychology so I am an honest educated person. One reason I hate dealing with the uneducated like yourself is a low comprehension level."
Stu, if that was Jeffery Lockman/John Pennington, he is no professional. True professionals don't need to strut around like that. How nauseating. He embarrasses everyone who struggled to get an education for the right reason. Feh!

Old 12-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTennyson View Post

"Post what you please and contact who you want. If you post about me obviously your harassing me. I'm telling the truth regarding you in all the posts I have prepared to launch. You are harassing me and misrepresented yourself by selling something you don't even have. I sent you your $200 which you agreed to. Then you ask for a paypal fee. I had no problem sending had paypal allowed me to do so. I could have easily sent you the little $7.00 had you waited until I made it home from traveling. You refused to do so because I doubt you even have a legitimate sale. You kept wanting a check which I clearly said I will not send since there is so much fraud and paypal or a credit card is more secure. Had I sent a check I would have never received a product nor a refund. The day after Christmas was the only day the temperature ass cooperative.

I'm a professional with a Doctorate in Counseling and Psychology so I am an honest educated person. One reason I hate dealing with the uneducated like yourself is a low comprehension level. I will not email you further since you are indeed a fraud but I will definitely make the fraud known to others which is not threatening or harassment (check the law). Consumers have the right to know when they are being scammed and I intend to make them completely aware of it don't worry about that. Because of you someone lost wages from taking off a days work (not a minimum wage rate like yourself) and I lost on an enclosure I had to purchase. No big deal I had a reputable dealer order one at a better price than you allegedly offered so I will have it by tomorrow. Have a nice life and stop wasting peoples time with fraud. Do not contact me further or I will block your email."
Counseling and psychology? I'd love to see the faces of any "uneducated" future patients of his if they saw this post showing his compassion for them. He will have to grind his teeth while suffering through a session with people he hates to deal with.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Lucille
A quick search of the internet did find a Jeffery Lockman PhD and only one, but as I've said before, I'm not one of those internet search whizzes.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
Celtic Constrictors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
A quick search of the internet did find a Jeffery Lockman PhD and only one, but as I've said before, I'm not one of those internet search whizzes.
I found the link you're referring to Lucille but the name is spelled differently. Stu, did the buyer spell his name Jeffery or the more traditional Jeffrey? If it is the latter, I think we may have his ID nailed down. Can you provide his email address so I can confirm and possibly contact him regarding his behavior? Perhaps we can get him involved in this discussion. If it is who I believe it is, he deals in development and cognition in children which means he is used to dealing with "uneducated" people which is ironic.

Tags
john pennington