Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:32 AM   #1
uromastyx13
Thumbs down Garret Smith ( Scammer )

This Post is about Garret Smith and how he is collecting money from numerous people including myself and has taken several months to deliver the animals or money to refund , I sent him money back in 1-07-15 when he told me weeks before he was able to get Saara Hardwickii legally exported out of Pakistan i asked him many times to send me copies of CITES and a Invoice of it and still to this date I have not received anything to show any sort of proof of it. He has been importing animals in between and actively posting listings of animals for sale or animals he can get , but yet has never any attempt to refund me my money of $6500 whether he really is selling animals or is falsely making false ads to reel people in , I want people to know to save themselves the hassle and not deal with him . He has been taking me for a ride on refunding me my money cause i sent it through a bank transfer which was a horrible choice for me to do , i should of paid through paypal cause i know i would of got my refund a long time ago. He Has told me he would give me a group of Ctenosaura Defensor and we could call it even even though i would still be very short on money for the 3.3 group he offered me , he has also said as soon as he would sell some geckos he recently imported and start refunding but yet again has not paid back one penny. He is recently now starting to say i was his business partner importing the Saara Hardwicki but we never signed no legal document or has he ever showed me paper work for them . I will be posting several pics of text messages of how many months i been waiting for animals i paid for and how many times i have been asking for a refund.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #2
juliasara
His wife's name is Lori Grieve Smith, you should message her and let her know what her husband is doing to you. Either she knows and is in on it, which I doubt, or she has no clue what he is doing and when you let her know she will make him do the right thing. At the very least it will embarrass the heck out of him! Sorry he did this to you, it's not cool at all. I know how exciting the thought of getting saara's must have been. I really hope he can be a man and do the right thing

Old 07-21-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
His wife's name is Lori Grieve Smith, you should message her and let her know what her husband is doing to you. Either she knows and is in on it, which I doubt, or she has no clue what he is doing and when you let her know she will make him do the right thing. At the very least it will embarrass the heck out of him! Sorry he did this to you, it's not cool at all. I know how exciting the thought of getting saara's must have been. I really hope he can be a man and do the right thing
Per your "I doubt it" statement, I'm inclined to believe you know her? If so, have YOU made her aware of this thread? Perhaps she could weigh in.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:05 PM   #4
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Per your "I doubt it" statement, I'm inclined to believe you know her? If so, have YOU made her aware of this thread? Perhaps she could weigh in.
Sorryy, correction..."which I doubt".

Old 07-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #5
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
I don't know her, or him. I just scrolled through his Facebook page and saw he mentioned his wife lori, then searched his friends list for lori and found one with the same last name.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #6
dieselfan
Actually Garrett you did post an ad with Markus's pics back in June. You then reposted an updated ad with new pics but the animals were sold. Why post animals that have already sold prior to that ad being placed? That is a bit confusing. Also in our text convo you said they were all wild caught adults and have been treated. But in your updated ad you claim they were CB 13 and CB14. Don't you think that all those things might seem odd and fishy to a potential customer? Here are screenshots of your original ad that you deleted and the text convo and your new ad.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2015, 08:31 AM   #7
dieselfan
More screenshots
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #8
dieselfan
Screenshots
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2015, 08:33 AM   #9
dieselfan
Last screenshot
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2015, 06:53 AM   #10
dieselfan
He almost got me for $2400 a month ago! Lucky for me I realized he was using someone else's pics in his ad. The animals he claimed to have were acutally still in Germany. When I called him out on that fact via text he immediately stopped communicating with me. Hopefuly you get your money back. I doubt his wife is going to "make" him do anything. Apparently he has been doing stuff like this for a while.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?
t=24660&highlight=garrett+smith

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=garrett+smith