Best bird choice - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:31 AM   #21
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I've looked for Cordon Bleu finches, and haven't had any luck whatsoever. A friend of mine went to a bird show of some sort in Minneapolis about 3 years ago, and I had told him to look for some for me....he came back and reported he had found some, but didn't buy them because they seemed kind of expensive for "just finches". ACK. He didn't even get the breeder's name.

If anyone knows of someone who has them, I would love to have a couple...I had them as a kid and absolutely adored them....I even won a first prize with them at a pet show when I was like 6, lol. I have all but given up on ever finding any...
I see the Blue-capped Cordon Bleus quite a bit. Back when we had the red-cheeked ones, the blue-caps were almost non-existant (at least in our area). All of the sudden, the red-cheeks just vanished and now there are more blue-caps around than there ever were red-cheeks. I liked the red-cheeks a lot more, but I have never owned the blue-caps. PETSMART even sells blue-caps now...

Cat, I'll check around with some of the people we used to know in the finch biz and see if they know of any. The couple we would get them from was very elderly 10 years ago when we last saw them. I'm doubting that they're still raising birds. I haven't had much luck trying to convince my mom to become a "crazy old finch lady" to get her to start raising them again. Maybe I should try again, but leave out the "old" part...

Old 11-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #22
Cat_72
The red-cheeks were the ones I had.......I would love to have a pair again. I sure appreciate you checking it out, Paul!!

And yeah, I think I'd leave out the "old" part too, heh heh heh. Us crazy ladies get offended at stuff like that, you know.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #23
nottinghill_tiels
Steve I am a Cockatiel breeder and I know it might be alittle to late but I think a cockatiel is just right you should probably get a male they tend to be more talkative so your daughter can teach it stuff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!