any one doing basketball?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
I think the screaming would never end. LOL

*shutters*

but I admit to being bias against most conures.. I like the green cheeks. lol

most of them seem more loud then any bird should ever be. LOL

My pionus will only bathe when the vacuum is on. LOL. but now that my hair is short (shoulder length) he loves to sit on my shoulder and seemingly bathe in my hair. LOL

I vote Pionus best bird ever..

I DID foster a female Eclectus for a few months.. SHE was awesome...

as for Quakers.. .. I have a super sweet one, and an evil one. LOL.
Oh the noise wouldn't bother me.

My bother's birds are HIS..no one else can touch them..but they don't snap at me..maybe it's because I respect the beak? Yeah, that's it..i don't put my hands around them. My brother holds them and I speak from a distance.

Bammy is sweet with me, but standoffish with other people. He will go sit on their hands if I put them on there..but then he will bite them (not sharp) to make them put him down. So, no one but my brother and son bother him.

I think the Sun conjures (yellow and green) are SOOOO freaking gorgeous..and I am really considering buying one. I found this link where they are only 300.00....of course, I am researching first.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
Miss Tuniwha
Yeah, Sun Conures and Jenday Conures ( look for both photos, you may have a hard time deciding what one you like more ) are both very pretty.

ME, if I were gonna go pretty.. I would go Caique .. they have neat vibrant colouring, and are SILLY little goofy birds.. very playful.

My pionus is very.. US only.. but the quakers are more even keeled.. one loves everyone, one hates everyone.. LOL

Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
Yeah, Sun Conures and Jenday Conures ( look for both photos, you may have a hard time deciding what one you like more ) are both very pretty.

ME, if I were gonna go pretty.. I would go Caique .. they have neat vibrant colouring, and are SILLY little goofy birds.. very playful.

My pionus is very.. US only.. but the quakers are more even keeled.. one loves everyone, one hates everyone.. LOL
I was looking at this link: http://www.birdbreeders.com/availabi...x?categoryid=6

The Caiques are more expensive.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #14
Miss Tuniwha
worth it to me :P

Old 01-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #15
critical bill
My sun, sunny. He's my best buddy.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #16
deborahbroadus
He is gorgeous!!

Can you tell me what kind of interaction he needs? Different people say different things. I am gone for most of the day (work) and get home late. Bammy amuses himself and is well adjusted...(except he hates showers)..I need to know if I give it enough toys and come home and play with it for an hour or so before bed..would it be content?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #17
cherries_angela
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I was looking at the Sun conjures..they are SO pretty and it would give bammy someone to scream to while I was gone...what do you think?
i have been told they are one of the loudest conures lol but they are just so damn pretty! i myself couldnt go from having my fids (feathered kids lol) to not having any i would go nuts with all the silence!!!! i love my birds to talk and yell as long as they do it when we are all awake lol!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #18
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherries_angela View Post
i have been told they are one of the loudest conures lol but they are just so damn pretty! i myself couldnt go from having my fids (feathered kids lol) to not having any i would go nuts with all the silence!!!! i love my birds to talk and yell as long as they do it when we are all awake lol!!!
Thank goodness that's not one of my worries, and having my own place..the screaming isn't a bother to anyone else.

My concern is mostly how independent the bird is..I LIKE independent. A cockatoo would need too much attention..kinda like that.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #19
cherries_angela
well i have 2 cockatoos lmao they do take up alot of my time but wouldnt trade it for anything!!! i dont know anything about a sun as i have never owned one lol you could get one and if it didnt work out i can come pick him/her up!

Old 01-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #20
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
He is gorgeous!!

Can you tell me what kind of interaction he needs? Different people say different things. I am gone for most of the day (work) and get home late. Bammy amuses himself and is well adjusted...(except he hates showers)..I need to know if I give it enough toys and come home and play with it for an hour or so before bed..would it be content?
Thanks. Those pics are about a year or so old. I'll snap a few new ones to show you how his yellow came in. Doesn't even look like the same bird.

No worries, they are extremely independent birds. If you decide on getting one you'll do just fine with giving it the same great care you offer your Quaker.

I'm picking up my next bird in a month or two. Hahns Macaw. Absolutely my favorite bird in the world. Cant wait.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!